custom hd icon change after reboot into original icon again

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
folks,

well, the subject line tells it all. I haven't covered it until now, because of a long long up time

Also, the phenomen occurs when i perform a fast user switch [I just recently created one more user. Both of them have admin privileges. And of course: 10.3.2]

Everything else works without a hitch, but this is simply annoying.

The weired thing, - why i post this - is: on my old iMac G3 every hd icon (different partitions) i set, simply keeps the way i want. On my pb 12" the icons change. For example, if one user changes the hd icon the other user will see the change on the desktop and vice versa.

PS: And yes, i love my hd icons on the desktop

Any hints?

best

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    you try repairing permissions?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

you try repairing permissions?

yes i did. at first glance it fixed the problem. but whenever i touch (moving a bit or such) any hd icon, the icon changes in the other user account. I think it is weird, because it seems to be like both user accounts share the very same desktop database. i assumed that this is not the case.

Maybe it is just me, who notice this behaviour, because i pretty much used in moving icons around even my hd icons

best
  • Reply 3 of 7
    How do you change the HD icon in the first place? I have a really condescending friend who has done it, but didn't want to ask him.

Les.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    It works this way on all icons.

Select it in the Finder.

Get Info.

Click the icon in the info window.

Paste on any graphic.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    I did that and changed the icon, now I regret it because I used any old crap pic... how do I get my original HD icon back... it has gone walkabout.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    It works this way on all icons.

Select it in the Finder.

Get Info.

Click the icon in the info window.

Press the delete key.

• Reply 7 of 7
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    It WORKED!!!!!! Awesome.

Thanks.