Amazing Alpine - iPod photo

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Link

This is a huge step forward, I have never seen a manufacturer design a piece of kit to integrate their equipment with a specific third party product. I cannot understand why this hasn't had more publicity.

Oops, I did select "Digital Hub", but I forgot to press the arrow, so it is here in error.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I was expecting some picture of high mountain scenery with iPods on skiers.

That or Ed Hillary and Tenzing Norgay from the Think Different Ads.

Wonder why the beetle/iPod promotion didn't include this... should now, methinks.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

Link

This is a huge step forward, I have never seen a manufacturer design a piece of kit to integrate their equipment with a specific third party product. I cannot understand why this hasn't had more publicity.

Oops, I did select "Digital Hub", but I forgot to press the arrow, so it is here in error.

That is really cool. Alpine is by far IMHO the best car stereo's made. The sound quality is superb. Second to none. Nakamichi used to have a pretty good sounding system about 15 years back, but I haven't seen one in a long time. I'm not even sure they make one anymore.

Great news though. I may have to invest in a custom car audio system.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    this is an old topic...
  • Reply 4 of 7
    my only thoughts on this set-up is if the scrolling between songs on the head unit is as fast as it is on the iPod.

I have a higher end Alpine that looks similar to the one in the picture, and scrolling between mp3 titles is 'marginally usable' at best.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    mikemike Posts: 138member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

this is an old topic...

Please move on then...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Well I need to replace the Head Unit in my Volvo 850, maybe I'll drop this sucka in. Any recommendations on speakers?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Off to Digital Hub we go...