VT G5s for sale / bluetooth

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I got an email from MacMall about selling the VT G5s. It did not list the internal bluetooth module in the specs, so i am assuming that it is not included.

So, if I were to buy one of the puppies, could I add bluetooth after the fact?

Also, can you buy AppleCare for a refurb?\\

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stroszek

IAlso, can you buy AppleCare for a refurb?\\

Through the apple store, yes $249 with or with out a monitor. The only catch at the moment is that I don't see any G5 referbs there....
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Internal bluetooth, no. You can get a USB bluetooth thing, but that will take up a USB port.

Edit: Yes, Apple care is available for refub. models. It's on the Deals page in the Apple store.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Internal bluetooth, no. You can get a USB bluetooth thing, but that will take up a USB port.

Edit: Yes, Apple care is available for refub. models. It's on the Deals page in the Apple store.

Is there any difference between the internal bluetooth module and a "USB Bluetooth thing?"

Also, do you have a recommendation on a brand/model?

Thanks for the info, both of you.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Hmmm, maybe I can score a G5 for college, from the school that rejected me.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Crusader

Hmmm, maybe I can score a G5 for college, from the school that rejected me.

Oh, the irony
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stroszek

Is there any difference between the internal bluetooth module and a "USB Bluetooth thing?"

Also, do you have a recommendation on a brand/model?

Thanks for the info, both of you.

Sorry for the very untechnical term that I used (Bluetooth thing, what was I thinking? )

What I should have said was Bluetooth Module. I can't recommend a brand or anything because I don't use any Bluetooth stuff, but I'm sure someone else here can.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Sorry for the very untechnical term that I used (Bluetooth thing, what was I thinking? )

What I should have said was Bluetooth Module. I can't recommend a brand or anything because I don't use any Bluetooth stuff, but I'm sure someone else here can.

No worries. Thanks for the info.