car stereo tunecaster for ipod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
you know, those thingies that you attach to your ipod and then you can play your ipod through your car stereo... so anybody have them and how do you like them? which one should i get?

i've had to return the Belkin Tunecaster (I and II) because it just didn't work with my ipod. i've traveled far and wide (okay truthfully? like within a 30 mile radius of my home) to find the Griffin iTrip, but it seems to be out of stock. i know i can get it online, but that would involve waiting and then the hassle of returning it should it not work any better than the Belkin.

so what's the news?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    this is another topic discussed very frequently... just use the search feature and find your answers.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    your little angry face was cute.... even though you're "angry", i find it so hilarious. thanks for the tip - i'll stop being lazy.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,415member
    Quote:

Originally posted by luckystar52

your little angry face was cute.... even though you're "angry", i find it so hilarious. thanks for the tip - i'll stop being lazy.

Puhleeze. It's not like the subject here is common knowledge although the Alpine iPod connetion kit looks somewhat interesting. I believe there is a press release at www.alpine-usa.com. I'll eventually be in the market as well for on the road digitunes. Hopefully the option will be more robust by then.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by luckystar52

lol well at least i was cute i guess i didnt mean to sound pissed off, but i wasnt having the best day. anyways, sorry about that, and i'll leave you with one word of advice: dont buy a belkin tunecast.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ipodandimac:

aw c'mon... no worries! i just teasin ya. but it was good advice, i found what i was looking for that way.

hmurchison:

hmm... alpine huh? sounds like it costs beaucoup bucks. um... i'm not smart enough to navigate through their site - okay, well at least not patient enough to actually look for things. i think i wanna try the itrip, but i wanna get it at a store so i can return it conveniently. otherwise i might just go for the monster kit - $70 but hey it's monster. also there's audiaX or something? looks sorta big, but you can never tell with pics online.... idunno.

NEW QUESTION: so i have an ibook and my bf has a vaio. i already put songs from my computer onto the ipod and now i wanna add his songs... so like do i have to configure something? cause that's what it said on the PC when i installed itunes. i'm sorta confused. will i be able to go back and forth between mac and pc? cause if not, i'm gonna do it by cd or something.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    you can only put songs from your collection onto your ipod, its not possible to put your songs from your computer on it, and then plug into his and add his to your library. its an anti piracy feature. the only way to go is to copy his music library onto your computer, and then sync the ipod
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Thunderpoit:

aw man... that's not as cool as i thought. but thank you very very much for your FAST reply. i guess imma have to do what you said. sigh...

currently listening to: "Playaz Club" by Rappin 4Tay