Poll about Reboxed machines

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Why would you ever not want the beautiful Apple case
  • Reply 2 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

Why would you ever not want the beautiful Apple case

you can actuly buy parts from apple ( in my country ) and put them all together cheeper like 200 dolars less

any way im doing this poll to know what do people do once i saw a stupid noob that turned his g5 1.8 (not duel) on to a atx tower case its awfull..
  • Reply 3 of 14
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    It was a hoax.

But will one of the mods for this forum please please please please please fix the spelling in the poll? My eyes are bleeding. Thenk yew.

Actually, I'm considering modding an old Pismo into a home entertainment box. Hook up the lid sleep latch to a button on the front for 'sleep mode', add in a USB IR receiver, and a USB RF keyboard/mouse, and let the puppy handle all the iTunes, iPhoto, and movie files from the home server via WiFi. (Which seems to be a little poky for VLC's streaming, blast it... which is silly IMHO, but VLC is weak in a few areas anyway... might have to rig up a QTSS unit up on the server for that...)
  • Reply 4 of 14
    good luck modding it
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Why not? Rip the guts out, place into a new box. Voila. Heck, mount the screen such that it pops out and springs upright.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Why not? Rip the guts out, place into a new box. Voila. Heck, mount the screen such that it pops out and springs upright.

ok il try to arange a g5 to do that on lol.
  • Reply 7 of 14

*sigh*

Pismo: laptop. I have an old laptop that I'm basically just going to remove the shell from and stick in a home stereo-like box. Add a quiet fan for cooling, move the USB IR box up front internally, mount the USB RF keyboard and WiFi antennas so they're not blocked by the shielding... really not that hard.

Come on man, I thought you were a case modder!
  • Reply 8 of 14
    I have a Cube. Mod that?

What else is there? Nothing is cooler.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I have a Cube. Mod that?

What else is there? Nothing is cooler.

i got ibook g4 with home made keyboard
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by hack4ev3r

i got ibook g4 with home made keyboard

• Reply 11 of 14
    Matt Danger... it is a thread about modding...
  • Reply 12 of 14
    nahhh i enjoy it - wish i had a cammara to show you its not a outside keyboard its an inside keyboard
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by hack4ev3r

nahhh i enjoy it - wish i had a cammara to show you its not a outside keyboard its an inside keyboard

If you could get a pic of it... maybe use a friends digi... I would be interested in seeing your mod.

I was once big into case modding... and I still kinda am but I found myself spending too much money on stuff for mods... at one point I went a little crazy with DYI style mods and I had to cut down. But mods are a great way to make a computer feel personal.

If I had a digi myself I would show the mods on my case. Maybe I will use a friends and post them someday.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

If you could get a pic of it... maybe use a friends digi... I would be interested in seeing your mod.

I was once big into case modding... and I still kinda am but I found myself spending too much money on stuff for mods... at one point I went a little crazy with DYI style mods and I had to cut down. But mods are a great way to make a computer feel personal.

If I had a digi myself I would show the mods on my case. Maybe I will use a friends and post them someday.

problom is i have no friends lol