Where can I get Bang and Olufsen A8 Earphones in Hawaii for an ipod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi.

Im from Australia and will be visiting Hawaii next month. I am gonna get a mini ipod while in Hawaii and after reading this review http://www.epinions.com/content_107269492356 I wanna get a pair of these headphones for the ipod.

Does anyone know where in Hawaii I can get these headphones ??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Walexx,

I don't know the answer to your question but I would suggest that you take a look at the etymotic headphones (model ER6). I have them and just love them. I tried the B&O headphones and although they sounded nice they did not appear to me like they were going to be comfortable for extended wear. The ER6's sounds awesome and you can wear them all day.

ER6 link

ER6 epinions

good luck with your search

btw...i went to the B&O site and it looks like they do not have a store in Hawaii

bob
  • Reply 2 of 8
    I'd suggest searching for them on ebay. They can usually be found on ebay for about $99. Also, some B&O products can be ordered off of their web site, and they are shipped to you through a retail store.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bspears

...I don't know the answer to your question but I would suggest that you take a look at the etymotic headphones (model ER6)...

The Etymotics are great, but I'm going to get the B&O's too simply because I ride my bike while listening to my iPod and the Etymotics cut off the outside world too much to be safely used while touring around town.

Quote:

btw...i went to the B&O site and it looks like they do not have a store in Hawaii

Yeah, the closest store to Hawaii is in L.A., but they do have a few in Australia.

If you can't get them online you might be able to pick up a pair before your trip.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

The Etymotics are great, but I'm going to get the B&O's too simply because I ride my bike while listening to my iPod and the Etymotics cut off the outside world too much to be safely used while touring around town.

Me too. I've got shure E2's for demanding listening and plane journeys etc. and the A8's for when I'm worried about getting hit by a bus.

I personally find the B&O's to be both the most comfortable earphones I've ever owned and the most firmly attached too.

Can't help with purchases in Hawaii though.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

Yeah, the closest store to Hawaii is in L.A., but they do have a few in Australia.

If you can't get them online you might be able to pick up a pair before your trip.

I concur. You are hermetically sealed from environmental noise while wearing the ER6's and I would not recommend using them in hazardous environments.

bob
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Being a cyclist myself, I wouldn't recommend wearing any headphones while riding. It's simply too dangerous, and when you're riding in traffic, you need to be able to focus on just that.

In other news, I noticed in last year's tour de france that team telekom was wearing a modified A8 headset for team communications
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Thanks for all the replies guys. Lets just hope I can find a place that sells em before I get there .
  • Reply 8 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I'll second stupider...likeafox's suggestion of the Shure e2c. I have Etymotic ER-6s, but the e2cs look a bit more durable. For portable listening, both headphones are sufficient.

And don't ride your bike with headphones on.