I must be stupid with iSync or something...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Alright- I've been very busy with stuff lately and I've decided to start using my palm m505 again.

I also have an iPod and a SE T616.

I've got the palm desktop software installed (which I don't use). I don't have a PDA icon in the iSync tray thing- how do I get that?

I'd like for the 1st sync to overwrite every device from my mac. Then when I sync my palm/T616 the changes go to the mac or mac changes go to the palm/T616.

How do I get this all set up and working properly?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    To get the Palm in the iSync window, you have to first install palm desktop, which you've done, then install the iSync Palm Conduit (found on Apple's site). That should take care of that.

Now, when you use iSync, under the "Devices" menu, there's a "reset all devices" choice. That will wipe out everything on all the devices you have setup in iSync and start fresh from the data on your Mac. From then on, all your data will synchronize across all your devices (depending on the setting you've select for each of them). It's really quite amazing how it works so well with so many different things. I've got my computer, .mac, a t610, a Nokia 3650 an iPod and a Palm all syncing at once with problems.