enough about religion and gay marriage..lets discuss the RIAA (the true satan...)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
here...

discuss....i think this is a great and novel tactic...sort of a "shock and awe" attack back at the RIAA

g

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    yeah, in another time it might have worked, but we will see.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    My guess is that eventually it will be determined in courts that music sharing is not illegal, because when you purchase an album you aren't agreeing to a single EULA (at the moment, anyway).

Application sharing will probably be deemed legal as well, but obviously sharing licenses will not be. So that's a bit greyer...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    interesting. i hope they win
  • Reply 4 of 4
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

My guess is that eventually it will be determined in courts that music sharing is not illegal, because when you purchase an album you aren't agreeing to a single EULA (at the moment, anyway).

Application sharing will probably be deemed legal as well, but obviously sharing licenses will not be. So that's a bit greyer...

You see, there is a little law called copyright. It is fairly obscure. It basically limits your rights to copy and distribute a copyrighted work. Guess what, you don't even have to do anything for work to become copyrighted, it occurs automatically! Not only that, the onus is on YOU to respect copyright (although you'll spend less time in gaol in bubba if you manage to convince the court you were ignorant of your legal obligations).

Uploading and downloading music is not legal, at least in most nations. While many people, myself included, think this is stoopid, thems the breaks.

Barto