booting up rom an external hard drive

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
*.* edit the correct title should be as follows, "Booting up from an external hard drive." *.* /edit

one quick question. ok so I want to figure out how to boot up this imac from my powerbook in target disk mode. so I hit what the apple site says at startup on the mac option-command-shift-delete but it boots from it in safe mode... is there a way to have it boot up from it but not be in safe mode? Both of them are panther 10.3.2, the imac 1.25 17inch, the powerbook ti, 1ghz superdrive.. anyways thats all I'm really wondering. I've heard rumors about being able to boot from an ipod too, how would I go about doing that?

Anyways thanks if you can help me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by kraig911

*.* edit the correct title should be as follows, "Booting up from an external hard drive." *.* /edit

one quick question. ok so I want to figure out how to boot up this imac from my powerbook in target disk mode. so I hit what the apple site says at startup on the mac option-command-shift-delete but it boots from it in safe mode... is there a way to have it boot up from it but not be in safe mode? Both of them are panther 10.3.2, the imac 1.25 17inch, the powerbook ti, 1ghz superdrive.. anyways thats all I'm really wondering. I've heard rumors about being able to boot from an ipod too, how would I go about doing that?

Anyways thanks if you can help me.

press option key during boot
  • Reply 2 of 3
    just the option key and nothing else then?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Yup your right thanks a bunch man.