in macOS edited January 2014
DiskArbitration

IPSec

Point-to-Point-Protocol

tcpdump

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Why are you always so fast? And why are you always first? Grmbl?

Das ?Security Update 2004-02-23? enthält mehrere Sicherheitsverbesserungen und wird allen Macintosh Benutzern empfohlen. Das Update enthält folgende Komponenten:

DiskArbitration

IPSec

Point-to-Point-Protocol

tcpdump
  • Reply 2 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

Why are you always so fast? And why are you always first? Grmbl?

Das ?Security Update 2004-02-23? enthält mehrere Sicherheitsverbesserungen und wird allen Macintosh Benutzern empfohlen. Das Update enthält folgende Komponenten:

DiskArbitration

IPSec

Point-to-Point-Protocol

tcpdump

Less posts => faster speed :LOL:

4538 posts since 01-02-2002 (according to your profile): get a job!
  • Reply 3 of 18
    It's certainly a small one:

./System

./System/Library

./System/Library/Frameworks

./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework

./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions

./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A

./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation

./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/Resources

./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Info.plist

./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/Resources/version.plist

./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks

./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskArbitration.framework

./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions

./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A

./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/Resources

./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Info.plist

./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/Resources/version.plist

./usr

./usr/lib

./usr/lib/libpcap.A.dylib

./usr/sbin

./usr/sbin/diskarbitrationd

./usr/sbin/pppd

./usr/sbin/racoon

./usr/sbin/tcpdump
  • Reply 4 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

It's certainly a small one:

./System

./System/Library

./System/Library/Frameworks

./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework

./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions

./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A

./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation

./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/Resources

./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Info.plist

./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/Resources/version.plist

./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks

./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskArbitration.framework

./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions

./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A

./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/Resources

./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Info.plist

./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/Resources/version.plist

./usr

./usr/lib

./usr/lib/libpcap.A.dylib

./usr/sbin

./usr/sbin/diskarbitrationd

./usr/sbin/pppd

./usr/sbin/racoon

./usr/sbin/tcpdump

Ehem, small in size maybe ...

- CoreFoundation this is linked into every Cocoa app on the planet

- pppd is dial-up, maybe modem dial-in will be more stable

- racoon is some kind of key management deamon for VPN stuff (nice if VPN gets better)

I'd say not bad for a small update!
  • Reply 5 of 18
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    The reviews on Versiontracker say it crashes OS X frequently. And not crash as in quit Finder or even log out and back in but hard crash so bad even ssh'ing in can't fix it. Disturbing if true. I think I'll wait!
  • Reply 6 of 18
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Uh, oh. I installed but haven't restarted yet. Maybe I won't for a while.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Installed, rebooted, running for quite a while now, a dozen apps back open, no problems.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    I backed up to my spare volume and installed the update. Smooth sailing so far. I had some trouble with my DSL connection, but when I went back and rebooted off of my backup volume (preupdated version) the problem persisted, so it wasn't the update's fault.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Installed, rebooted, been running for several hours with a number of various apps with no problems.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Installed, rebooted, been running for several hours with a number of various apps with no problems.

Plagiarist.

• Reply 11 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Plagiarist.

Guilty as charged.

Anyhow, I think it's worth pointing out that there will always be a few people with problems after there is any sort of update. It's almost always attributable to some boneheaded user error.

So, always take those VersionTracker reviews with a huge dose of salt.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    It seems to have made my system noticeably snappier. I don't think I'm imagining it. Then again, after the install, I ran disk permissions and verify so maybe that cleaned up something too.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Installed it, fixed permissions afterward. No problems here. I'll see if my dial-up connection keeps on sporadically dying on me, or if I still get that awful "hanging disconnect". It'd be nice if they finally fixed that...
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Quote:

Guilty as charged.

Anyhow, I think it's worth pointing out that there will always be a few people with problems after there is any sort of update. It's almost always attributable to some boneheaded user error.

So, always take those VersionTracker reviews with a huge dose of salt.

in my observation,

users with heavily haxied or modified systems seem least stable during these update hiccoughs

most seem to blame the OS rather than admit they've tweaked settings they shouldn't have
  • Reply 15 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Uh, oh. I installed but haven't restarted yet. Maybe I won't for a while.

The path indicates to restart immediately, if your machine panicks you'll know why!
  • Reply 16 of 18
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

[ in my observation,

users with heavily haxied or modified systems seem least stable during these update hiccoughs

most seem to blame the OS rather than admit they've tweaked settings they shouldn't have

not to mention these are probably the most frequent visitors to versiontracker.com.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BNOYHTUAWB

The path indicates to restart immediately, if your machine panicks you'll know why!

It's been running great for 12 hours now. I'll restart tonight. I Promise.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    I've had the update running for over 15 hours now with no problems. But the other week I had suddenly been having problems with my computer locking hard (all ssh/ftp/web services down) when it was asleep. I have since turned off the screensaver password, and that fixed it.