DVD Studio Pro questions

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
hello-



Does DVD Studio Pro support HD files? For example, files not rendered in standard 720x480, but files rendered upto 1280x720, etc... Do any DVD packages support HD file sizes, or is 720x480 still the absolute standard for DVD video (i think it is...



Second - has anyone used APack, the audio software included with DVD studio Pro? Is it any good? Any recommendations for software that allows rendering of 5.1 channel audio files easily and effectively?



Doing some reseach before i invest...

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,129member
    No DVDSP 2.0 only supports the standard bitrates(8 Mbps or less) and the 720x480 resolution(maybe higher if it supports PAL). You're not going to be able to do anything in HD formats or resolutions.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

    Originally posted by bedrock22

    hello-



    Does DVD Studio Pro support HD files? For example, files not rendered in standard 720x480, but files rendered upto 1280x720, etc... Do any DVD packages support HD file sizes, or is 720x480 still the absolute standard for DVD video (i think it is...



    Second - has anyone used APack, the audio software included with DVD studio Pro? Is it any good? Any recommendations for software that allows rendering of 5.1 channel audio files easily and effectively?



    Doing some reseach before i invest...




    ok it looks like a.pack is a very good program, but has a steep learning curve. everything gets encoded to mpeg-2, and choosing bit rates is up to you. i recommend checking out the peachpit book on DVDSP2--i found it for 20 bucks, and so far its been invaluable (i'm learning everything BEFORE i start experimenting with the program)
  • Reply 3 of 5
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by hmurchison

    No DVDSP 2.0 only supports the standard bitrates(8 Mbps or less) and the 720x480 resolution(maybe higher if it supports PAL). You're not going to be able to do anything in HD formats or resolutions.



    The tech specs say up to 9.8Mbps



    either way i don't think this is enough for HD. Even store bought (dual layer) dvds do not support HD AFAIK.



    I think we will need a new standard (Blu ray of DVDHD or whatever its called) to have enough space to save HD video.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    a cryin shame!!!!!!!!!



    well soon - i hear like 30 Gig dvd's are on the way - some humongous number maybe it was 13... hmmm
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

    Originally posted by bedrock22

    a cryin shame!!!!!!!!!



    well soon - i hear like 30 Gig dvd's are on the way - some humongous number maybe it was 13... hmmm




    ya its called blueray, or bluelight or something. i was hoping to have a strong connection to some people at sony working on that technology, but things didnt work out (my original connection was through someone else). dont expect that to be aorund anytime soon though... just get dvdsp2--i dont tihnk you'll regret it.
Sign In or Register to comment.