Photoshop 7

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I think I got photoshop 7(...might be 6) all I know is it is the one that came out a bit before oSX, and adobe made some kind of upgrade that I could use my photoshop with osx. My last G4 broke and I have a g5 now, but I can't find the upgrade so my photoshop will work with my comp....

I am scared :-D

can someone help me find a link to something to get my photoshop to run.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Open photoshop, and look at the menu bar to see if it's running in OS X or Classic. Then either under the Apple Menu (Classic/OS 9) or under the program name Photoshop, go to the 'about' that will tell you the version.

-or-

Just do info in the finder

I'm guessing it would be PS 6, because PS 7 can run in OS X without any type of upgrade.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    You could check the box that came with your leagel purchase.

Naaa Chikara, Just kidding around. I trust ya.

I bought Photoshop 7 because it would run on OS 9 and X. At the time I only had OS9 computers and I wanted it to be futureproof. (as much as possible) You probably have 6 or earlier.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    The upgrade deal was probably PS6 --> PS7. I doubt they gave it to you though, I'm sure you had to pay for it. So you probably have to buy the upgrade if they allow PS6--> PS CS which I wonder about. I think they will, but you'll have to check. It's only $149 for the upgrade though.

What happened to your old G4...what kind of G4 was it, if your just going to through it away, I might be interested in it.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    it was a G4 450. The comp blew up, like IDK what works and what doesn't, from what I understand my apple store said something with the video and it won't work with moniters ect already, would be like 500 to repair so I bought a G5.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Where do you live, trying to get an idea how much it would be to ship because I may be able to use it for parts...assuming you didn't strip it already.