A very cool bible software

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Got an email from my sister in Christ.....I told her I finally am picking up and reading bible for the first time in four years....She mentioned to me one bible software iLumina Gold (http://ilumina.com)......I am suprised that it's Mac compatible (of course X native)

I find it so cool. As a multimedia guy I love to see everything interactive

Thinking about getting it.

Of course if someone here willing to split the cost that would be even better

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    Quote:

Of course if someone here willing to split the cost that would be even better

What would Jesus pirate?
  • Reply 2 of 15
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cowerd

What would Jesus pirate?

I want to buy it but if someone can share the cost with me that would be great.

Wait.......we shouldn't steal (according to bible).....but.......

If God drops me 90 bucks from the sky THEN I will run to buy it for sure
  • Reply 3 of 15
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

If God drops me 90 bucks from the sky THEN I will run to buy it for sure

Well from a strictly biblical standpoint you'd be better off spending the money if it helps you learn about God and trusting that he looks after those who look to him and place him first.

Have to admit the software looks good though. I know of someone whose b'day is coming up who will likely appreciate this
  • Reply 4 of 15
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    got it for my wife for christmas and she loves it, also it works off HD and fast complete
  • Reply 5 of 15
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Just out of interest what's the content like? My fear is it might be Encarta like and that's great if you're a kid but not necessarily up to a good standard for older users? Any comments?
  • Reply 6 of 15
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Just found out I can get that software for 60 bucks from eBay
  • Reply 7 of 15
    I prefer the free and open source MacSword project. You can download modules from the larger open source crosswire.org project to add to your collection. It is entirely cocoa, and a pretty slick app.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    MacSword is really good, i like the interface, gotta recommend this to my dad, he;s a full-time minister.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Wow MacSword is pretty cool. I hope the Sword project get things worked out with some more of the mainstream translations.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    somehow to associate the bible with a sword, especially when our wonderful media all seem to try an associate Islam with a war mongering religion, seems a bit like a step backward rather than forward.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Hebrews 4:12 "The word of God is living and active, sharper than any double edged sword, ..."

Since the word of God is another way to say the bible, it makes sense.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    ok.. I think it is not related to software anymore.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    actually, if you want kick-ass, Mac only bible software, check out Accordance .

good stuff. i know a lot of pastors who've bought Macs speficially for this software.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    rara Posts: 623member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

Just out of interest what's the content like? My fear is it might be Encarta like and that's great if you're a kid but not necessarily up to a good standard for older users? Any comments?

I haven't looked at it but they have an interactive .swf demo on their website.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    Just a note, MacSword has been updated to 1.0. It now takes advantage of webkit and is quite a bit faster and renders better.