Dual channel Airport & TV base station

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
my thoughts begins with one question.

How much bandwith is needed to transfer video output?

If a dual channel Airport is possible we could see a base station with video output to TV or projector and a stereo Out to the HiFi. This would be the cost of the Airport. no need for HD and Superdrive. You could show your iPhoto catalogs with all the effects to the TV or listen to your music with your HiFi. It could be also possible to store TV program to yout HD and then to DVD.

All they need is enough bandwith and a selecter( I don't know how it isin english).

I remember you that Steve said that the Computer will stay as the hub and there will be no convergence between TV and Computer.

this will be relatively cheap for users and would be a great product and Innovative.

What do you think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    If there would be no need for Superdrives, it would just take away a selling point for Apple's computers.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

If there would be no need for Superdrives, it would just take away a selling point for Apple's computers.

No need for SuperDrives *inside one's own LAN*.

Always a need to transfer them elsewhere or backup.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    The limitation isn't just bandwidth. DVDs throughput maxes at just 8Mbps but with todays current wifi you don't have QoS(Quality of Service) which means in a nutshell you cannot guarantee that some items will not be interrupted. For audio or video interruptions are unacceptable. 802.15 will attempt to address that feature.

Soon we'll have Wifi access that is solid enough for Audio/Video work.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    sorry for this. but its late and i can't go to bed without doing it.

i'm spartacus
  • Reply 5 of 5
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I'm Spartacus!