Vc-9

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9

Say it with me now boys and girls:

MONOPOLY!!!!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Whoa... I didn't even realize their fingers were even in this pie.

Kinda scary isn't it...

C.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    <PISSED OFF>

i fu**in HATE microsoft and its media player and its piece of shit operating system. monopoly is a board game, not a way of doing business

</PISSED OFF>

• Reply 4 of 9
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    Whoa, whoa, folks. Think for a second.

This is no worse than the MPEG-2 monopoly that we have today.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...licensing.aspx

(BTW, VC-9 is basically just another name for WMV 9.)
  • Reply 5 of 9
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Quote:

Originally posted by wmf

Whoa, whoa, folks. Think for a second.

This is no worse than the MPEG-2 monopoly that we have today.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...licensing.aspx

(BTW, VC-9 is basically just another name for WMV 9.)

Whoa, whoa, yourself. MPEG-2 licensing is handled by the MPEG-LA group which provides (alledgedly) RAND licensing of MPEG-2. PLUS the actual patents (alledgedly) required for licensed MPEG-2 are not owned by any one company but by ALCATEL, CANON, COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, FRANCE TELECOM, FUJITSU, GE, GENERAL INSTRUMENT CORPORATION, HITACHI, KDDI, LG, MATSUSHITA, MITSUBISHI, NIPPON, PHILIPS, BOSCH, SAMSUNG, SANYO, SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA, SHARP, SONY, THOMSON, TOSHIBA and JVC.

With WMV you have ONE company who controls the entire format. DVD Forums (or whatever they are calling themselves now) are bleeding morons for rolling over to Microsoft. Embrace and extend is the name of Microsoft's game. They will own the format, gain control of the market and then make WMV proprietory again.

Barto
  • Reply 6 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Microsoft work by a method called phagocytosis.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Phagocytosis is the ingestion or engulfing of some foreign particle or cell by a phagocytic cell to form a food vacuole. Phagocytic cells are either one-celled organisms or one of the body cells, such as a white blood cell. Bacteria, dead tissue cells and dust particles are all examples of particles that may be phagocytosed.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

Phagocytosis is the ingestion or engulfing of some foreign particle or cell by a phagocytic cell to form a food vacuole. Phagocytic cells are either one-celled organisms or one of the body cells, such as a white blood cell. Bacteria, dead tissue cells and dust particles are all examples of particles that may be phagocytosed.

I meant how they surround and overcome.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    I just posted the above for the benefit of other forum viewers... so they didn't have to look up the definition too