Degaussing iPod screen

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have an iPod, about two weeks old, and the screen appears to have come near a magnet at some point. It's not too bad, and only visible from some angles, but I think it'd give me peace of mind if I could degauss the thing. I heard that you can make a degaussing coil to demagnetize monitors if they don't have a built in one, so how would I do this?



Also, anyone know if this would possibly be covered by warranty?

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 4
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,522member
    I don't think the screen problem is related to magnetism. If the iPod is just two weeks old then it is covered under warranty. I would call Apple immediately about getting this fixed/replaced.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 3 of 4
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    Degaussing only applies to CRT screens. You can't degauss an LCD. There might be a defect with your screen, but it isn't caused by magnetism (the hard disk could be damaged by strong magnetism though).





    -robo
  • Reply 4 of 4
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Yeah, I thought it was weird that it looked magnetised even though it's an LCD.



    I think I'll call Apple's tech support line (or just go to my local Apple store) to see what the deal is.
Sign In or Register to comment.