Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The next version of the highly popular games series/final symbol of the decline of civilization Grand Theft Auto has been announced.



It's set in San Fran and due October 19.



I love the series, so I'm looking forward to it. I think it would be sweet if they set part of one of the games in Prohibition era Chicago sometime, though.



Jeff

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 17
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    As much as I hate microsoft, I sure hope they throw their weight around enough to get this on xbox by the end of the year.



    It's going to be wild with all the steep hills.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I remember reading a big debate amongst nerds about what the next GTA would be called.



    Many speculated it'd be based off of Las vegas and be GTA: Sin City Others Felt more confidant that it'd be GTA: San Andreas because the three zones in the original GTA were Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas



    As long as the game has a 9 hour+ soundtrack of modern hip hop and techno I'll be pleased (say what you will about that music, but it makes for great driving music)
  • Reply 3 of 17
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Wrong Robot

    As long as the game has a 9 hour+ soundtrack of modern hip hop and techno I'll be pleased (say what you will about that music, but it makes for great driving music)



    I'm playing 3 again (I never beat it before getting rid of my playstation) and wishing I could listen to the vice city music. It's to the point that I just shut the radio off as soon as I get into a car.



    Vice city really ruined gta3 for me. There is just so much I'm used to doing that's not possible in GTA3.



    BTW: wtf is up with the dodo? Why even include it?
  • Reply 4 of 17
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Well, it's a joke, The Dodo(now extinct) was a flightless bird, also, you *can* fly/glide the thing, it just takes a lot of patience and what-not. Additionally, if you've ever played around with some cheats, the low grav cheat basically makes your car a dodo.



    As for Vice city, don't get me wrong, I love the vice city music, but one can only stomach so much 80s. I personally never get tired of hip hop or techno(even the most vapid and lame trance) while driving around, in real life or a game
  • Reply 5 of 17
    There was a rumor that the Dodo was originally going to be properly fly-able with a 'crash into a building' mission that got pulled from the game post 9/11.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

    There was a rumor that the Dodo was originally going to be properly fly-able with a 'crash into a building' mission that got pulled from the game post 9/11.



    I don't buy it, but I did hear that it was originally going to be flyable.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Vice City was fun, but GTA3 owns just for being the original (and for having the Stinger).



    Anyone ever manage to get a bullet proof race car in GTA3? I swear I must have spent days blowing it up with a (cheated) tank and trying to push it into the garage before the race ended. Never managed to get it though...
  • Reply 8 of 17
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Wrong Robot

    Well, it's a joke, The Dodo(now extinct) was a flightless bird, also, you *can* fly/glide the thing, it just takes a lot of patience and what-not.



    We all know what a dodo is, but a cessna with 1/2 of its wings missing for no reason is just plain dumb. It's like they wanted to include a full plane but couldn't for some reason. I don't mean to be so negative about it; I'm just in the middle of playing it and that's kind of a tease.



    Not that it matters for san andreas, which will have planes, helicopters, property, and everything that makes modern gta so great.



    [edit-had reply open too long and just saw other posts]
  • Reply 9 of 17
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

    Vice City was fun, but GTA3 owns just for being the original (and for having the Stinger).

    \\




    yeah for being the original 3rd in the series



    It's something about the proportions I think, like..in GTA3, cars were more slick on the whole, streets were wider, landscape was less crowded. But in Vice city, everything seemed talled, clunkier, and more crowded. It was less fun in that respect, also the car physics were...hmm..bouncier? not really, squishier more like it.



    I enjoyed both games, but GTA3 > vice city in terms of feel. for me at least
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Wrong Robot

    yeah for being the original 3rd in the series





    Uh...oh yeah



    (but you know what I mean)
  • Reply 11 of 17
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    I love both games, but the soundtrack (voices and music) and motorcycles are the only things I really liked better in Vice City over GTA 3. I really liked the darker atmosphere in 3.



    Vice City also had some annoying bugs, too. I hope the longer time they're taking to put the new one out eliminates that.



    Jeff
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Wrong Robot

    I don't buy it, but I did hear that it was originally going to be flyable.



    GTA3:



    Swear to God...I flew the Dodo off that long airport runway and went all the way over the ocean onto a Staunton (sp) Island street...practically shit myself. Haven't been able to do THAT a second time. Must have hit an "air pocket" or something.



    I'm stuck on that "Decoy" mission and it's driving me crazy. I have done almost all the missions, rampages (some are completely impossible though) and packages (99). I like GTA 3's graphics way better than GTA VC...and you can start almost anything with certain cars...drive along side any car/truck and drive-by shoot it...most of them will freak out and speed off...chase them down and burn them...lotsa fun.



    GTA Vice City:



    I love the cycles. They are amazingly fast and easy to control. GTA Vice City has its flaws though (forget about the boats...lousy controls). You can't stir shit up as easily and the only gang that's pissed at you are the Haitians? GTA 3? I can't even drive through St. Marks without a Mafia hitman blowing me to bits. The Triads are shooting at me...the Yardies...and I guess the Yakuza will want my ass after I finish off with them. Vice City's soundtrack...80's music...sucked IMO. There wasn't a way to turn it off either like in GTA 3.



    Still, with both games...even completed...you can still play on and on and on...



    Some Questions to some of you fans out there?



    Is there anything to do with the lighthouse island and the obvservatory in GTA 3?




    As far as the bullet proof car...



    The bullet proof car in GTA 3 was given to you after a certain mission (forgot which) it is a Patriot Hummer. Worked well but of course I demolished it...



    Still though...I have two FBI cars (black and grey) parked in my garage. They aren't bullet proof but DAMN are they fast. Heh.



    Can't wait until the new one comes out. So I would believe an earthquake will be involved somehow?



  • Reply 13 of 17
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    It's amazing how as time passes by, games can get bigger and bigger, on the same system using the same media.



    Vice city was far bigger than GTA3, and we are to believe that San andreas will be quite a bit bigger than vice city.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Artman @_@

    As far as the bullet proof car...



    The bullet proof car in GTA 3 was given to you after a certain mission (forgot which) it is a Patriot Hummer.




    I got the bullet proof Patriot as well...the one I was talking about was one of the cars from the race around the first island (the one that starts next to the bridge...I think it was a phone mission). Apparently, if you can destroy one of them and push the car into your garage before the timer expires you end up with a fast and almost indestructible vehicle. The only way to destroy one was to start the race, then double back to your garage and cheat a tank, destroy the car by crashing into it in the tank and then using the tank to push it into the garage.



    Very very difficult (not to mention the least productive misuse of my weeknight sleeping hours ever).
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:

    Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

    I got the bullet proof Patriot as well...the one I was talking about was one of the cars from the race around the first island (the one that starts next to the bridge...I think it was a phone mission). Apparently, if you can destroy one of them and push the car into your garage before the timer expires you end up with a fast and almost indestructible vehicle. The only way to destroy one was to start the race, then double back to your garage and cheat a tank, destroy the car by crashing into it in the tank and then using the tank to push it into the garage.



    Very very difficult (not to mention the least productive misuse of my weeknight sleeping hours ever).




    Indeed. Me and a friend were up 'til 3 AM last night w/ GTA 3. That damn "Decoy" mission sucks. You have to drive a car and attract 3 cars into a Yakuza trap. Can't get out of the car or they'll recognize you. But even when you're drive-by shooting them in the trap area the "MISSION FAILED" pops up and says, "You drove them into a Yakuza Trap!"....well THAT IS THE MISSION...RIGHT?!!!



    Whatever. We gave up and went on a city wide rampage. I get all the cop cars to follow me to the airport and jump the jumps with me...hilarious. Just wondering...before that race...have you ever tried to just steal one of the cars? Might fail the mission race, but you still get the car? In Vice there is another cheat for a race. Before you reach your blue marker to start the race ...hit the 3 cars with a rocket launcher...you win the race. Shit, now I'll have to mess with that in GTA 3...



    So nobody knows what that damn lighthouse island is there for in GTA 3? And where's the damn Prison?



  • Reply 16 of 17
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Artman @_@

    Indeed. Me and a friend were up 'til 3 AM last night w/ GTA 3. That damn "Decoy" mission sucks. You have to drive a car and attract 3 cars into a Yakuza trap.



    Just bring them in, go up the ramp a little and the gunmen will take them out. And so long as you use a fast car you can stay pretty far ahead of them when they are following you.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Artman @_@

    Whatever. We gave up and went on a city wide rampage.



    And that's the beauty of the game





    Quote:

    have you ever tried to just steal one of the cars? Might fail the mission race, but you still get the car?



    Tried it...you can't open the doors on those cars
Sign In or Register to comment.