fox stoops to a NEW low with 'forever eden'

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
just when i though fox couldnt get worse, they aired forever eden. don't worry, i didnt waste my full hour on it--just long enough to realize how bad it was (is). its more than just fox though. it really bothers me how much 'reality' shows edit things and literally build conversations using clips of audio and video. obviously the only real thing i can do about it is to not watch it, but it still pisses me off. anyone care to prove me wrong?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    It was painful to watch...but I made it through the whole thing.

I might check in on it now and then, just to see if they can fall even farther to another pathetic low.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I have a good idea for the both of you:

[rant]

Turn off the TV and turn on your brain. Do something constructive instead of wasting hours of your life in front of that idiot box.

[/rant]

Have a nice evening.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

[rant]

Turn off the TV and turn on your brain. Do something constructive instead of wasting hours of your life in front of that idiot box.

[/rant]

Yeah, spend more time in front of the interactive idiot box.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

[rant]

[/rant]

For your information:

Normally I don't watch crap like this for my own pleasure. But I had a professor back in college that told us, "Since you're going to be media professionals, you need to know what's going on in media. Immerse yourself in knowing what the industry trends are. Be critical of what's out there."

So I've tried to see at least one episode of all the popular shows on TV, just so I can come up with my OWN opinions of them and know what the industry is doing. Don't get me wrong, there are shows that I personally enjoy watching, but this isn't one of them.

Any more, I'm of the opinion that Reality TV producers are the spawn of satan. How an industry professional can prostitute themselves to make such garbage is beyond me.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I think that SciFi show mad mad house is worse.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    ganondorfganondorf Posts: 573member
    I don't understand why you're so bitter.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    All reality shows must DIE. Average Joe, Fear Factor (especially Fear Factor), Dream Job (or whatever the Trump thing is called), Survivor, anything containing the word Mole, all of it. They are all pathetic, they all play to the worst in human nature and they all generally suck.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

All reality shows must DIE. Average Joe, Fear Factor (especially Fear Factor), Dream Job (or whatever the Trump thing is called), Survivor, anything containing the word Mole, all of it. They are all pathetic, they all play to the worst in human nature and they all generally suck.

i agree
  • Reply 9 of 14
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I hope George Huff moves on tonight.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Even America's Next Top Model?
  • Reply 11 of 14
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Even that one (which btw I cannot claim to have seen).

• Reply 12 of 14
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I hate reality shows, but I admit to watching American Idol once in a while. It's one of the less weird ones... there isn't anything too strange about having people come in to test their singing skills. Simon is great, and Paula Abdul is still cute .

ESPECIALLY Fear Factor though. Man. I don't even know why people go on that show - oh boy, you do all this awful crap and you get a 1/10 chance at winning $50,000? I wouldn't do any of that even if I were GUARANTEED that much money. People are just stupid.

It's sad that most of these are so popular. I'm ashamed that my dad watches these shows. Other than his stupid TV addiction he's a very smart person.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    You really must watch these shows as often as possible. Otherwise, you won't get your required training in taking pleasure in watching cruelty toward others.

Cheers

Scott
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Ever since survivor blew up everything on TV now is a reality show. Its sad because after all the edits and scripts you know are there the only difference is its a sitcom that requires you to watch every episode to get the same enjoyment, if you can get any.. Oh oh and they use "Real" people.

I don't mind American Idol Its funny and its less/more of a reality show than others. I would say its more because your basically watching taped auditions of people.. No strings attached really. All the other ones are game shows setup with completely unrealistic events. The only reality about them is hte people..