Almost ready to trade up

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm hoping to get a better computer sometime in the next few months, and I was hoping someone could help me out since there are a number of different styles I was considering. Pretty much my only criteria are that it have a 400 MHz or faster G3 processor, though a 500 MHz would be nice, that it either comes with or supports an external DVD drive, and that the total cost including a nice but not top of the line 17" CRT is under $1500. I don't think I need a laptop, as I have one currently (see sig) and I rarely take it from my desk. I was thinking something along the lines of a Blue and White G3/400 or 450, or perhaps an upgraded 8500/8600/9500/9600. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    [quote]Originally posted by Luca Rescigno:

<strong>I'm hoping to get a better computer sometime in the next few months, and I was hoping someone could help me out since there are a number of different styles I was considering. Pretty much my only criteria are that it have a 400 MHz or faster G3 processor, though a 500 MHz would be nice, that it either comes with or supports an external DVD drive, and that the total cost including a nice but not top of the line 17" CRT is under $1500. I don't think I need a laptop, as I have one currently (see sig) and I rarely take it from my desk. I was thinking something along the lines of a Blue and White G3/400 or 450, or perhaps an upgraded 8500/8600/9500/9600. Any suggestions?</strong><hr></blockquote>

<a href="http://www.dealsontheweb.com/deal-detail.shtml?dealid=1504"; target="_blank">http://www.dealsontheweb.com/deal-detail.shtml?dealid=1504</a>;
  • Reply 2 of 2
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Now that the eMac is out, that would be perfect for me. I will be going into college next fall, so I'll be able to buy one through the university. That'll be perfect! G4, 17" monitor, DVD, and under $1500!