Republican VP Candidate. Place your bets

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Who is going to be Bush's running mate? We all know Cheney is really a cyborg. He was created in a small lab. That's what that "bunker" really is. Perhpas former NYC mayor Rudy? That would be bad because it would be good for Bush. Just kidding...I was just thinking of the daily show yesterday after looking at SDW2001's thread.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 39
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    It's gonna be Cheney.
  • Reply 2 of 39
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    My brother is a hard-core "I will never vote against my party" Republican. He thinks Cheney is a major liability and should go.

But...

Bush's loyalty will demand he stick it out with Cheney.

Cheney's going to make a delicious target for Democrats over the next eight months.
  • Reply 3 of 39
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    I would be stunned if Cheney left the ticket. The midterm housecleaning in the admin has already happened (Karen Hughes, Ari Fleischer, etc), and Cheney is simply too well-connected and too important for political reasons to boot from the ticket.
  • Reply 4 of 39
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    Unless Cheney drops dead, he'll be on the ticket. I wouldn't mind seeing Condi Rice run with him, I think that she would appeal to many independent voters in addition to black voters.

Quote:

Cheney's going to make a delicious target for Democrats over the next eight months.

...and Kerry is going to make a delicious target for Republicans over the next eight months.
  • Reply 5 of 39
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DanMacMan

I wouldn't mind seeing Condi Rice run with him, I think that she would appeal to many independent voters in addition to black voters.

Apparently you missed the race draft. In order for the Whites to get colin powell, the Blacks forced them to take Condi.
  • Reply 6 of 39
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Everyone knows that Condi Rice is a race traitor.
  • Reply 7 of 39
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    The people who think that a black candidate will necessarily pull black votes haven't been paying any attention to reality for, oh, let say twenty years. Look at the democratic primaries. Two black candidates who get mostly black votes, true, but most black votes have gone to the leading candidates and not the ambassador or the reverend. The african american population isn't any more closed minded than the white population so get off the pull black votes kick...
  • Reply 8 of 39
    ganondorfganondorf Posts: 573member
  • Reply 9 of 39
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:

Unless Cheney drops dead, he'll be on the ticket.

As the daily show said, we all know he's become a liability. Most likely the GOP will send in a hit squad to take care of him. It will look like a perfect accident. All they have to do is sneak in to his room at night, scream at him to shock him to death, and then put a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken next to his bed and voila! Looks like natural causes...
  • Reply 10 of 39
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    dumb thread. it's dickie boy
  • Reply 11 of 39
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Apparently you missed the race draft. In order for the Whites to get colin powell, the Blacks forced them to take Condi.

WTF is that supposed to mean?! I hope there is some jest in that statement.

• Reply 12 of 39
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    It's from Chappelle's show.
  • Reply 13 of 39
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ganondorf

Oh, brother. Must we invoke Godwin's Law so off-handedly? (only sort of kidding.)
  • Reply 14 of 39
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

dumb thread. it's dickie boy

Don't be so sure...

• Reply 15 of 39
    ganondorfganondorf Posts: 573member
    In all seriousness, I guaran-damn-tee you they will put Guiliani on the ticket for better PR at the New York convention.

And sooner than later.
  • Reply 16 of 39
    gycgyc Posts: 90member
    Giuliani as VP would piss off too many of the Republican's base because of his liberal stance on social issues, even if they admire him for his service as mayor of NYC. Rice is a more interesting choice, but I wonder how some on the far right would react to her being single and for affirmative action. I bet Bush sticks with Cheney but if Bush continues to run behind or just even with Kerry then all bets are off. I know this would never happen since he has so many disagreements with Bush, but I think McCain would be a great choice as VP if Cheney were to be replaced. After all, there have been plenty of Presidents and VPs that didn't exactly get along.
  • Reply 17 of 39
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

The people who think that a black candidate will necessarily pull black votes haven't been paying any attention to reality for, oh, let say twenty years.

What I meant about Condi is this, if a Bush/Rice ticket were up against, say a Kerry/Edwards ticket, a black independent swing voter may be more apt to vote for Bush/Rice than not.

Quote:

In all seriousness, I guaran-damn-tee you they will put Guiliani on the ticket for better PR at the New York convention.

Rudy will wait for the 2008 race when he'll be taking on Hillary for the big show.
  • Reply 18 of 39
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

It's from Chappelle's show.

Hmm. I missed that one. \
  • Reply 19 of 39
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    Rudy Gulianni sucks. I live in NYC... so I know from first hand experience. His last term as mayor was a complete joke.
  • Reply 20 of 39
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

Rudy Gulianni sucks. I live in NYC... so I know from first hand experience. His last term as mayor was a complete joke.

Gee...imagine. I'd never believe that you think that way.