Who has the M-Audio 49 Keystation? Looking to get it.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Who here has the M-Audio Keystation? How good is it? any downsides? I have a 1/4 Foot pedal. Does the transpose buttons change the GB transpose? I tried it on my SX KN1200 but it didn't work (too big for my place so that's why I am looking at the M-Audio Keystation).

Anyone have pictures of it? How sensitive is the Velocity? 127? Can you change how far the pitcxh bend wheel goes? Does it to -12 - +12?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    wiftywifty Posts: 70member
    I have one and it works great!

I'm a complete novive though, this is my first midi keyboard and I can't answer all your questions. I'm guessing that the lack of extra knobs 'n stuff is a downside if you're looking to use the keyboard with something more advanced than Garageband but for me it's perfect. It has a foot pedal input but I can't give you any other details than that.

By transpose buttons, I assume you means the octave range keys? (there's very few buttons on the unit). These don't control the transpose in GB, they extend the range of the keyboard. You can shift the keyboard range up and down to give you the full range across the 49 keys.

The velocity keys seem pretty sensitive to me, not sure the range but yes, I believe 127 is the maximum. As far as the pitch bend wheel, I don't *think* you can set it - it seems to have a different effect based on what the instrument is - I think it's effect is set in the instrument itself.

All in all it's terrific for the money. The keys have a nice feel and I don't personally see the point in spending more than you have to when it's just a controller. In any case, I don't *think* the extra knobs etc. you get on the more expensive models actually have any affect in Garageband.

I feel lucky to have it - a lot of people seem to be having problems getting hold of one. I ordered one from Apple UK and was quoted 4-6 weeks (although that figure hadn't changed since the keynote). It shipped the next day! Maybe I was just lucky.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you - I don't have any pictures but there's a good pic on the www.m-audio.com site here:

http://www.m-audio.com/images/en/cal...tation_49e.jpg

Hope that helps?

cheers