Cocktail : HD Spindown time?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
In cocktail, if I change the spindown time to 30 minutes .... am I suppose to NOT check the "Put the Hard Disks to sleep whenever possible" setting in Energy Saver preference?

Or am I suppose to check that, and the spindown time setting in Cocktail modifies that checkbox?

I'm unsure of the proper setting.

Will the hard drives spindown even w/out checking the checkbox?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    It's been waaay more than 30 minutes since you posted this. You could already know by now.

• Reply 2 of 4
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

It's been waaay more than 30 minutes since you posted this. You could already know by now.

my main question is if I'm suppose to check "Put the hard disk to sleep whenever possible" in the energy saver or not.

does that setting in cocktail overwrite that? or am I NOT suppose to checke that and it puts the HDs to sleep anyway?

does OS X automatically spin down hard drives when not in use [regardless of whatw you put in the energy saver] ?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I am pretty sure he understood your question, and was saying you could have easily tried it out in between your first post and now to see for yourself. I recommend doing so and sharing.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    I use "SpindownHD" off the CHUD tools from Apple to manage the spindown.