Music Videos on iTMS!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Last week I was browsing the just added section and checking out new sounds, when I stumbled across some group, I can't remember who it was, but in their profile main page, on the right it had "similar artists" "listenters also bought" and "videos" I clicked on the video link, and it brought me to a direct stream of one of their videos, streaming from inside iTunes.

It was pretty slow to load, but it was good quality, and it was really neat to see a video on iTMS.

Now, this week there is a link to watch the TV spots.

It seems like apple has snuck this in under our noses, either way, if anyone else has seen videos on iTMS, could you post links to them here?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Streaming videos have been available from iTMS since day one. I believe Steve Jobs even demonstrated this functionality when he previewed the store. I'm not at a computer where I can check, but I believe most "featured artists" have a video showcasing their current hit song.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    wow, I'm surprised I never noticed it till recently, guess I haven't been checking out enough featured artists.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    The videos aren't streamed. They are regular .mov files stored on your hard drive in a undisclosed temp location.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    now you can brows movies separately...

and the temp location is...

Code:

/private/tmp/501/TemporaryItems/QTPluginTemp#######

the private and 501 dirs are hidden and the ##s are random numbers... all you have to do is copy the file to the desktop, rename it and add a .mov to the end--FREE music videos (along with the full version of the song!!)

don't tell anyone...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

the private and 501 dirs are hidden and the ##s are random numbers... all you have to do is copy the file to the desktop, rename it and add a .mov to the end--FREE music videos (along with the full version of the song!!)

The quality of the encoding is a bit sub-par though. Lots of moire and compression artifacts show up despite the videos being 30+ MB. I wonder why they're using Sorenson 3 and QDesign Music 2 when there are superior alternatives.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yea why not eat your own dogfood, ie MP4?