Way to make 1000 bucks in 2 months

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just need some advice. Is there any way I can make 1000 dollars in 2 months. It's towards my new mac and my goal is still 1000 dollars away. Oh yeah and I'm Canadian and 13 so jobs at resturants and places is not exactly an option.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zodiac

Oh yeah and I'm Canadian and 13 so jobs at resturants and places is not exactly an option.

13?

Well, there goes the Canadian ballet...
  • Reply 2 of 27
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Start building web pages for people.
  • Reply 3 of 27
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    My brother made $1000 in one month doing construction work...but you're probably a little too young for that \
  • Reply 4 of 27
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    If you can find a small business looking to build a web site, you can easily surpass $1000 in the span of two months. I might recommend going to your local chamber of commerce and see if there are any member companies who might need your services. You won't be able to be an "employee" obviously, but I doubt there is a rule against independant contractors. All this of course assumes you know how to design professional-looking web sites.

• Reply 5 of 27
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    mow 100 lawns a month (minimum 3 a day) at $5/lawn

take up busking and stake out a corner worth $20/day

get 47 paper routes.

return 20,000 empty pop cans or 5,000 2-litre soda bottles.

i'll leave out the "life of crime" advice since you're a minor.

• Reply 6 of 27
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

Yah, cuz "pimpin' ain't easy!"
  • Reply 7 of 27
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

Start building web pages for people.

• Reply 8 of 27
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

I might recommend going to your local chamber of commerce and see if there are any member companies who might need your services. You won't be able to be an "employee" obviously, but I doubt there is a rule against independant contractors. All this of course assumes you know how to design professional-looking web sites.

Have you personally done this before? Approaching a C of C in that manner that is.

zodiac, you could make those $1000 by getting 2 part-time jobs. Work hard for 2 months and you'll have more than THE 1k needed for your new dual 2.5 G5.

Edit: Ok smartass. There.
  • Reply 9 of 27
    zodiaczodiac Posts: 138member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

Have you personally done this before? Approaching a C of C in that manner that is.

zodiac, you could make those $1000 by getting 2 part-time jobs. Work hard for 2 months and you'll have more than 1k for your new dual 2.5 G5.

Well, probably because I have $3200 now.
  • Reply 10 of 27
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    Yard Sale? Sell all the toys you don't play with anymore. I made $500 doing this one saturday morning. You can always sell lemonade
  • Reply 11 of 27
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

zodiac, you could make those $1000 by getting 2 part-time jobs.

If Canada's laws are anything like the US's, most jobs at age 13 will run afoul of child-labor laws. You have to be at least 14 (16 for factoy work), unless you work for your parents.

You live in Canada? Maybe there'll still be a few more snowstorms that you can snowblow off people's driveways. My brother and I used to rake in US$200-300 a day doing that, 10 years ago. And these days you can charge US$20-30 to mow a quarter-acre lawn. Combine the two, and it shouldn't take too long to get to C$1000.
  • Reply 12 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dogcow

You can always sell lemonade

Thats funny 'cause last summer, in 2 months, I made.... :drumroll: 10 DOLLARS!!!

Thanks for the input anyways. I originally thought that was a good idea.
  • Reply 13 of 27
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    I didn't know he was only 13.

Maybe you could sell Hard Lemonade Ok, that would be illegal. Nevermind.
  • Reply 14 of 27
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Alright, here's the plan. Sell all of the stuff you have, but don't want, on eBay. You'll need your parents to comply. Then have them set up a custodial stock trading account. Spend one month researching (ie reading the WSJ and anything you can get your hands on) and then start trading stocks. If you put in, say, 2000, you should be able to come back with 10000 at the end of the month. Minus silly taxes that should leave you with 5000, and a grand total of 6200.
  • Reply 15 of 27
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Kidney's go for 10,000-20,000 in south american black markets. You do have two.

An illegal carracho/hotline server can bring in 100/week if you are just getting started and know what your doing.

At 13, there aren't a lot of legal ways to earn it that fast in the winter.

You can always start pulling teeth you don't need and hoping for the best
  • Reply 16 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

mow 100 lawns a month (minimum 3 a day) at $5/lawn

take up busking and stake out a corner worth $20/day

get 47 paper routes.

return 20,000 empty pop cans or 5,000 2-litre soda bottles.

Just five per lawn? I am 18 now at at age 14 I was doing them for ~20 bucks per lawn. And if that 5 bucks is in Canadian dollars, eek!
  • Reply 17 of 27
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I'll say what we're all thinking but were too afraid to say because it'll make me look like a complete idiot:

Prostitution.

Good luck, and use protection.
  • Reply 18 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I'll say what we're all thinking but were too afraid to say because it'll make me look like a complete idiot:

Prostitution.

Good luck, and use protection.

one word, NO!
  • Reply 19 of 27
    Dude!

This kid is 13!

That is out of the question!

However... I was thinking it too.
  • Reply 20 of 27
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Here's an idea:

Take up a cause. Maybe it's cancer, or aids research...whatever.

Tell people upfront that you'll donate half of your proceeds to that cause. Charge $20 for every walkway you shovel. Shovel 100 walkways in 2 months and make $2000.

Donate half (and don't pocket it all) and you've got your grand.

You'll have done a good deed for a worthy cause, plus people are more likely to go for it.