The Sound Of Silence - Killing You Too?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is the total lack of any 'good' info (leaked info) juicy info etc coming out of the Cupertino driving you (has already driven you) crazy?

Think about it, nothing **major** (cept for iPod news and iLife) came outta MWSF and even that news is getting pretty darn stale by now. Heck even the rumors that are floated on AI, MacRumors et-al getting kinda wishy-washy and non-specific.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who NEEDS SOMETHING SUBSTANTIAL to show up (I'd even take another iWalk hoax so long as it was 'well done') just to help get us over this seemingly extra long dry spell. Hey with any luck 10.4 tidbits might start to leak soon (fingers crossed) but those too could be months away depending on when Apple starts 'pre-seeding'.

What say you?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Eh, it would be fun but I really don't care. I figure that whatever Apple would release I wouldn't be able to buy or use anyway. All I really care much about are minor software updates (OS X, iPod software, Safari, etc) because I can actually use those. I figure the hardware will get updated when it gets updated, and when doesn't really matter to me personally.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

Eh, it would be fun but I really don't care. I figure that whatever Apple would release I wouldn't be able to buy or use anyway. All I really care much about are minor software updates (OS X, iPod software, Safari, etc) because I can actually use those. I figure the hardware will get updated when it gets updated, and when doesn't really matter to me personally.

A person with over three thousand posts to AppleInsider and you "don't care" about rumors? Well okay.

Dave
  • Reply 3 of 13
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    i was crazy for a while, but now i'm expecting new g5's mid-april, so anything before is great. i mean i hope for the 23rd, but i wont be crushed...
  • Reply 4 of 13
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

A person with over three thousand posts to AppleInsider and you "don't care" about rumors? Well okay.

Dave

Yeah, that's me! I am not as into the rumors as I am into just general discussion. That's my fave forum, personally.

You know, until about a year ago, Matsu (who has over 5000 posts, more than any other non-Moderator) didn't even own a Mac.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    I'm a bit restless. But is this really a very dry spell? Have there been worse.?I've only been in the game for less-than-a-year/had a Mac for 6months.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SonOfSylvanus

I'm a bit restless. But is this really a very dry spell? Have there been worse.?I've only been in the game for less-than-a-year/had a Mac for 6months.

I dunno... maybe it isn't that bad and now that I think about things, it might be worse for me only because two people I know have since left their 'ahem' old place of employment and lets just say I'm not as 'informed' as I use to be...

Yea... maybe that's it ... Either way, it sucks not have an inside track anymore...

It sure was fun while it lasted.

Dave
  • Reply 7 of 13
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I'm done with Apple rumors. My new interest is gaming news: the gaming world is exciting, vibrant, and chock-full of leaks and easter eggs.

I love the intrigue of the UT2k4 forums.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

Dave

Actually, I go weeks without stepping foot in Future Hardware. Sure, I get caught up in the excitement the week before a Mac World, and like discussing the new things when they come out... but as far as outlining what I think the PowerBook line should look like, what kind of bus the new G5 will have, etc, I couldn't care less. Boooring.

• Reply 9 of 13
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Part of the problem is that Apple has settled on both a next gen OS and a next gen cpu.

Does anyone remember the madness that was knows as The Great Apple OS Hunt®? Was it going to be Be, NT, Solaris, OS/2, NeXT? Those were the good ol' days.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    i've been waiting for something new for a long time-hey, there's a new filemaker-whoopee...
  • Reply 11 of 13
    sailfishsailfish Posts: 163member
    Well lets rehash what we know.

1: X-Serves are delayed until sometime this month

2: Used VT G5's have been bought by folks

3: X-Serves are supposed to be used in "Big Mac"

4: The one G5 for one X-Serve trade will result in 2/3 available rack space

So we can figure a announcement this month of the world's largest supercomputer based upon G5 X-Serves.

We can also expect a upgrade of the Mac product line, Powerbooks first and then iMac's etc. Motorolla new G4 chip to go into new iBooks and eMacs.

New Dual G5's? Perhaps the Dual 2.5 Ghz and a elimination of the Single 1.6. when they have sold the last of them.

Some have said watercooled, so say my sources, if they are true then I'm a superstar.

That's the result of my 16 hour a day internet habit.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

You know, until about a year ago, Matsu (who has over 5000 posts, more than any other non-Moderator) didn't even own a Mac.

I sometimes think that my obsession with Apple is really quite sad. I really should be doing something more productive than typing and reading on these forums. But then you tell me that someone who didn't even own a Mac wasted so much time here! What's that all about?
  • Reply 13 of 13
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    It has definitely been a bit too quiet lately. 2003 was a great year, but it is time for some new updates, especially to some core lines. It is a perfect time for Apple to capitalize on its recent successes. I fear that they are missing their opportunity.