George Bush

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This is getting tad boring.

As a US hating pinko commie european I can appreciate a healthy doze of Bush bashing but as a member here I think its getting out of hand.

Would it really be impossible to fit any of the new perspectives on how Bush sucks into already existing threads?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Hopefully the U.S. hating pinko commies here in the U.S. will not vote for Nader like they did last time...grrrrrrrr....

"Vote your conscience" my ass...

Vote "not Bush"...whatever meat puppet the Dems throw up on stage is "da guy" to vote for.

Or else Be Happy with Bush for another 4 wars, I mean years.

Ashcroft Gallbladder Alert Level: Yellow/Elevated
  • Reply 2 of 28
    Votes to denounce irresponsible moderator for starting silly thread: 1

tut tut
  • Reply 3 of 28
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

As a US hating pinko commie european I can appreciate a healthy doze of Bush bashing but as a member here I think its getting out of hand.

Would it really be impossible to fit any of the new perspectives on how Bush sucks into already existing threads?

After the election it will go away.

Besides if they were all in the same thread someone would argue that we were off topic.

People need to hear this stuff until he's gone.
  • Reply 4 of 28
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Besides . . . it isn't really true . . . there are not that many threads

and besides there are NOT ENOUGH THREADS
  • Reply 5 of 28
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SonOfSylvanus

Votes to denounce irresponsible moderator for starting silly thread: 1

tut tut

Hell. I became mod because I was silly, silly.

And besides you don´t elect kin...mods
  • Reply 6 of 28
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    The arguments:

1) Bush is a moron

2) No, Bush just acts dumb, Kerry's a rich New-England Elitist.

3) No Bush just sucks

4) Nuh-uh

5) Uhh-huu

6) Your Mom!

Anywho, this is the notoriously liberal AI:AO so honestly, what did you expect?
  • Reply 7 of 28
    I count four threads on this page and some have been here a while

When Clinton was getting Bashed it was non-stop threadage

Don't give food to the "oh just another Bush-bash' dismissal trolls

its a lame lame lame lame lame response to real pressing issues that everybody, pro-Bush anti-Bush, should address. . . .

Damn, 500+young American soldiers killed on the battlefield many many more very wounded, for what could have been a purily ideologically driven invasion of a foriegn country,

Possible deliberate missleading of American People in order to achieve these ideological goals via war

alienation from the essential network of civilized nations,

hugest debt ever!!!

Social Sucurity -pining away for a 'lock-box'- to pay for debt

Environment . . . !!

Scientific panels replaced by non-scientist-business-men in order to ignore issues relating to the environment

etc etc

the list is long, the issues should be discussed, as they are all pertinent . . . and so what if you get tired of talking about what is important simply because it becomes increasingly obviouse to all that one person is responsible: the one person who's power allows all these issues to pop-up is George Bush?!?!?! and therefor his name gets brought up everytime that these issues are addressed?
  • Reply 8 of 28
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    Criticism is not bashing.

When I post topics it pertains to an issue.

And often it doesn't even pertain directly to Bush.

Plamegate.

GOP Memogate.

Haliburton.

The presidential race.

Unemployment.

These are important issues... if you want to ignore them don't go into those threads. If you look at most of them... they're many pages long the debate stays in the thread. And they do run out of steam.
  • Reply 9 of 28
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Bush will win the election.
  • Reply 10 of 28
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I think there are too many Anders threads on the front page.
  • Reply 11 of 28
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Crusader

The arguments:

1) Bush is a moron

2) No, Bush just acts dumb, Kerry's a rich New-England Elitist.

3) No Bush just sucks

4) Nuh-uh

5) Uhh-huu

6) Your Mom!

Did you really mean to say ULTRA-liberal?
  • Reply 13 of 28
    Quote:

That scandal (Clinton overniters) and Bush's criticism of it is one of the reasons the White House identifies guests. In a debate with Vice President Al Gore (news - web sites) in October 2000, Bush said: "I believe they've moved that sign, `The buck stops here,' from the Oval Office desk to `The buck stops here' on the Lincoln Bedroom. And that's not good for the country."

well . . . . not only did he speak too soon . . . . HAHAHA

he said "The Buck stops here" . . . except that that is the last thing he seems capable of saying these days!!!
  • Reply 14 of 28
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Since no arguments have really been made to win over the die-hard supporters either way and since these discussions are cartoonishly polarized. I say we start thread after thread of happy joy joy warm fuzzy stuff...

ok. something other than politics...
  • Reply 15 of 28
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    hehe, Dude this place is even polarized over boxer briefs...

I think it has less to do with politics and more to do with people just have very diverse view points...

and of course many of them are just WRONG!

hehe
  • Reply 16 of 28
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

georgebushgeorgebushgeorgebushgeorgebushgoergebush

OMG U R BANNED!

Quote:

Agreed, though there is the possibility of some merit to these topics, they usually are fronts for talking about Bush in general terms, or worse, intended as a ruse towards other members. Even if the topic starter doesn't intend this, the thread usually devolves into it at some point if it's political.

Maybe we should just create a running poll or checklist of poster's position on the guy, and have AO load this page up each time you enter the forum, then you can procedd about your normal business. Save everyone a lot of redundant typing.

Quote:

On top of this, my thought is that any new threads would address a specific event or issue (not addressed before of course), and that the replies would stick more strictly to that issue. Threads that drift too much are ones that presumably have run out of steam about the topic, and thus don't serve much purpose any more.
  • Reply 17 of 28
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    I'm disappointed. I was expecting a Flash animation like the "badger badger badger badger (etc) " one, only with The Bush as the lead dancer.
  • Reply 18 of 28
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Crusader

Why weren't you policing the place when there were all the 'kill the iraqis; they have wmd!'

At least our discussions about Bush are about actual situations that exist in the real world.
  • Reply 19 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

Bush will win the election.

Yeah, and pigs will grow wings.
  • Reply 20 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

OMG U R BANNED!

Agreed, though there is the possibility of some merit to these topics, they usually are fronts for talking about Bush in general terms, or worse, intended as a ruse towards other members. Even if the topic starter doesn't intend this, the thread usually devolves into it at some point if it's political.

Maybe we should just create a running poll or checklist of poster's position on the guy, and have AO load this page up each time you enter the forum, then you can procedd about your normal business. Save everyone a lot of redundant typing.

On top of this, my thought is that any new threads would address a specific event or issue (not addressed before of course), and that the replies would stick more strictly to that issue. Threads that drift too much are ones that presumably have run out of steam about the topic, and thus don't serve much purpose any more.

I've always found that the reason the topics devolve is because once confronted by the truth some people resort to petty criticism of typos, spelling, or just of a personal nature.