Moderator's conduct.

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Moderators should set a good example. They should respect everyone and not get into insulting the Members of AI.

Example found here: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=39337

Quote: "But I am a moderator. This is the first and last warning: Posting the same bloody thing in multiple forums is going to have your ass standing tall before the man. You'd better get your head and your ass wired together, or I will take a giant shit on you!"

Is that really necessary? A Moderator is the authority of the boards, as such he/she sets the tone of these boards.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Please, allow me to retort!

Would you want to be a moderator?

The amount of shite they have to put up with - the nagging and moaning, and then you go into AO!

The posting guidelines are quite clear. If people don't take the time to read them, well tough, they deserve a "flame". I personally haven't read them, but have been put in my place a few times, and I accept that. If I chose not to read them, then I must accept the consequences of my actions.

People think it is such a privilege to be a moderator. It loses its appeal very quickly, especially in the toxic mess that this forum can denegrate to.

So I say flame away and punish the "idiots" (which can on occassion be me). If I took things personally on these forums I would be a quivering mess (which, when I think about it, is not far from reality!)
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Flame on! Mods, keep up the good work...

• Reply 3 of 4
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member

lucky rabbit.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    And if you have a problem with a specific moderator, in this case me, you need to PM me privately instead of creating a thread in Suggestions about it. it's in your posting guidelines.