Apple Store Shipping delays

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I finally decided to order a 15" powerbook, BTO because I wanted the faster hard drive and free memory slot. I know the current wisdom is that there is an update in the works but I have uses for it now and couldn't wait any longer :-).

Order date was 03/05/2004, expected shipping was 03/10/2004. So far so good.

Yesterday I was watching like a hawk for shipping confirmation. This morning I get a notice that "Due to an unexpected delay, we now anticipate shipping the following items ... on or before 03/25/2004".

Is this sort of delay usual? Now that receiving my new laptop has been pushed another two weeks in the future I'm wondering if I should just cancel the order and sit tight waiting for an update.

- Jamie

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    i say cancel the order.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    The PowerBook is due for an update. Unless you absolutely need a PowerBook ASAP, now is not the best time to purchase. I say cancel it.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Well? Did ya cancel it? Did ya, punk?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Yea, if you can live another 4 weeks or so without a laptop, cancel it. If new one's are indeed announced then you will have that initial delay which for laptops has been ~2 weeks if I remember correctly, unless we get a PB G5...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    If you buy it and they update the line in a month, then you come back here and cry about it, we'll kick your ass.

That's just another way of saying "please wait".
  • Reply 6 of 7
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Quote:

If you buy it and they update the line in a month, then you come back here and cry about it, we'll kick your ass.

This is also a way of showing that we care
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

No post purchase regrets, that's my motto. If I cry about it I keep it inside :-). I've gone through the same thing many times buying all sorts of electronic products. Shortly after a purchase there is always something better/faster/cheaper available. You just have to make up your mind why you are buying the product and if there is an acceptable reason for delaying. Once you decide, go for it. Life is too short.

I wanted to do some recording (Garageband) and had delayed through February to see if there would be an update. I had decided that I make the purchase in March regardless, because I wanted to get started using the thing rather than waiting for an incremental update.

I'm waiting till the end of March now anyway so that changes things.

Quote:

That's just another way of saying "please wait".

Cancelled this afternoon. :-)

- Jamie