Battery question on laptop

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I'm cruising through the postings of desktop pictures and seeing battery icon's with full 100% charge. I'm wondering if it's even worth bothering with that mine will not charge beyond 99%, no matter if I charge with computer on, in sleep mode, or turned completly off. Not sure where this post belonged, so if not in here, sorry.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    I would not be too concerned. As long as you are getting sufficient time out of your battery, then I would not bother looking for the 1%.

No doubt there is a way to reset something to get it recalibrated (the PMU maybe??).
  • Reply 2 of 4
    boemaneboemane Posts: 311member
    As far as I know, Mac OS X recalibrates the battery by completely discharging your battery, then charging it in one-go while the computer is on, and then completely discharging it again.

According to the manual that came with my AlBook, this will recalibrate the battery...

.:BoeManE:.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Meeces

I'm cruising through the postings of desktop pictures and seeing battery icon's with full 100% charge. I'm wondering if it's even worth bothering with that mine will not charge beyond 99%, no matter if I charge with computer on, in sleep mode, or turned completly off. Not sure where this post belonged, so if not in here, sorry.

See this Apple support doc.

It's a feature not a bug.

Tryggvi
  • Reply 4 of 4
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    It's still slightly annoying that if 95% < battery charge <100% and the 'Book is plugged, the power indicator shows "Calculating".