Mac casualty...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I regret to say... she's dead Jim.

What happens when an "electrician" messes with a 220v line and a 120v line running to 3 Macs and a PC in the middle of a busy work day?

I'll tell you - it's like a shotgun going off and the lingering acrid smell of fried Macs.

2 Macs (including mine) and a PC survived... kinda (they're all a bit... squirrely now)... but the third Mac (and one crispy-fried outlet) didn't make it.

So much for "Surge Protection" from our vaunted powerbars.

C.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I smell a lawsuit!!! Oh...wait

**Sniff** **Sniff**

That's just Concord's burning Macs.

Seriously though, that sucks. May those beautiful machines rest in peace. They are in a better place now.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    concordconcord Posts: 312member
    Quote:

Seriously though, that sucks. May those beautiful machines rest in peace. They are in a better place now.

I wonder how heavy those cases are gutted out. Could make for a nice toolbox...

Cheers,

C.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    I sorry but why in the hell was there electrical work being done on live lines during business hours?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    what kind of asshole works on an ac220 or 120 main without, oh, i dunno, TURNING OFF ALL BREAKERS that could be effected, this guy that poses as an electrition is a speacial kind of stupid, sounds like an electronics teacher i had last year, was his name larry?

sorry for the mac

{grabs trumpet and plays TAPS}

May the little mac that couldn't R.I.P.

• Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

I sorry but why in the hell was there electrical work being done on live lines during business hours?

One wonders doesn't one... Well, the shop is open nearly 24/7 so he would have to have done it during "work hours", but clearly he's an idiot for not taking the most basic electrical precautions.

Quote:

what kind of asshole works on an ac220 or 120 main without, oh, i dunno, TURNING OFF ALL BREAKERS that could be effected, this guy that poses as an electrition is a speacial kind of stupid...

Needless to say he's not going to have another opportunity to bugger us over...

C.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    I will shed a tear for the poor departed mac...

<tear>
  • Reply 7 of 9
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    I hereby declare three days of mourning for Concord's Mac.

Please post an obituary, to give proper respect publicly.

With Deepest Sympathy...

Jubelum
  • Reply 8 of 9
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    You don't need a lawsuit to get him to pay for them. He's probable insured.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

I hereby declare three days of mourning for Concord's Mac. Please post an obituary, to give proper respect publicly.

Alas the poor G4 PowerMac led a brief and ill-fated life, already having suffered the tragic loss of a hard drive not two months prior and purchased not 6 months prior to that. However, in life she possessed a bounty of ram, an abundance of HD space and recently acquired a second monitor for more serious photoshop work. She will be missed...

Quote:

You don't need a lawsuit to get him to pay for them. He's probable insured.

He's already agreed to pay for the damages so that should be covered.

Cheers,

C.