Al Queda admits to Spanish Bombing

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
In a tape passed on to the media, Al-queda has admitted being behind the attrocity in Spain.

It was claimed that the attack was caried out as revenge for Spains' co-operation with the USA in Iraq.

Three Moroccans and two Indian nationals have been arrested.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
  • Reply 2 of 8
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I can almost guarantee that "admission" is false. From a guy no one has heard of, basically parroting what the news shows say... during a time when the masses are very angry. The most angry they've been since demonstrations against the Iraq war?

It doesn't even read like one of their usual diatribes... Just because they *want* responsibility for it, doesn't mean they actually did it. It's to their advantage to admit to it, even if the bombs weren't theirs. They want the population in an uproar over supporting Bush.

I call bullshit until there is definitive evidence.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

I can almost guarantee that "admission" is false. From a guy no one has heard of, basically parroting what the news shows say... during a time when the masses are very angry. The most angry they've been since demonstrations against the Iraq war?

It doesn't even read like one of their usual diatribes... Just because they *want* responsibility for it, doesn't mean they actually did it. It's to their advantage to admit to it, even if the bombs weren't theirs. They want the population in an uproar over supporting Bush.

There is no proof that Al Quaeda did this bombing. The problem is that the spanish governement said it was ETA in a glance.

It's even possible that this bombing is a joint venture between Al Quaeda, for a particular purpose : punishing Asnar and put him in troubles three days before the legislative elections.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I tend to agree...

That's not to say Al Qaeda would never attack Spain or France or whoever, just that this particular case does not seem to support it so far.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

You don't take a Qu'ran with you only to leave it at the scene. The Qu'ran is a very prized personal possession of Muslims and while a fundie may well take one on such a mission he sure as hell wouldn't leave it there.

While that's true, it wasn't a complete Qu'ran, though, but a cassette tape recorded with suras about education the bombers left in the van with the detonators.

And if I remember right, they found a Qu'ran in the left luggage of one of the September 11 bombers, didn't they? Some bit of it, anyway. People are incompetent. They leave things behind and make mistakes all the time, no?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Perhaps the terrorists, both in Spain, and on 9-11, wanted, needed, to leave "clues" pointing to the usual suspects thereby diverting public attention, an age old technique in the manipulation of opinion in order to promote what would otherwise be unpopular actions. This sounds like the most likely explanation (Occams' Razor...if it look s like a duck etc).... The same thing happened on 9-11, when all kinds of "convenient evidence" such as tapes, IDs, passports, Korans, terrorism literature etc. miraculously turned up in hotel rooms or at the feet of NYPD detectives (!).... when the real evidence, unpresented to the public, pointed elsewhere.

I believe that to get to the bottom of terrorism, we have to look far deeper than just swallowing the "usual suspect" line. 9-11 and Madrid are two perfect examples of this. As I said in a previous thread, a war on terrorism requires terrorist action to justify itself...otherwise the cause dies, and with it, it's public support.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

do not forget, the allies suffered attacks during WWII, enemys nailing the good guys (i.e. U.S. and all who back us) has been a trait of war since the beginning of war. it sux but war is hell, i support the war in iraq because as much as i hate war, i love freedon that much more!