My Website

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum. I have been a fan of AppleInsider for a long time, and now I have finnally decided to register. Anyways, I would just like to introduce myself. My name is John Tylko. I run my own Macintosh fan site, The Different District. I suggest you all check it out, we cover news, rumors, reviews, columns, music, movies, and forums. I hope you guys like it! Don't forget to register in the forums! Any questions, comments?

Thanks,

John Tylko

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jt3macmaniac

comments?

We don't like spam. Welcome to AI and feel free to put your website's url in your sig, but don't start threads about it for your first post. It's bad form.

edit: I suppose it's also bad form for me to talk like I'm a moderator. Oh well....
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

edit: I suppose it's also bad form for me to talk like I'm a moderator. Oh well....

hehe, I kind of thought you were for a second

good to know, I understand now...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Well now that you know... edit out the links, and ask for the thread to be locked. It is the only logical thing to do.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Eh, don't be so draconian, you guys.

People at AI have a strange dynamic: most of the posts here aren't about computers per se. Good luck with your website though. If it's good, people will come.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Thats why I suggested a web subforum a while back. Leave the links in its not a big deal. Now ya know..
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Wah, wah, wah. Okay, it looks like some intervention is necessary before this gets too far.

Welcome to the forums, jt3macmaniac! As you can see a number of our members (myself included) don't take kindly to spamming for other forums and web sites. I've removed your links from your post, but please feel free to put them in your profile instead.

I hope you enjoy your visit at AppleInsider. Don't let this one incident set a bad impression. We're all mostly a good, friendly people. Well, at least most of us that don't spend too much time in AppleOutsider are.