isight yahoo messanger

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
ok , I've done a search and i can't seem to find information on how to configure Isight to work with yahoo messanger. I've got ichat software and even having problems with aol......

nice images, but really bummed about not working with yahoo or msn

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    For yahoo messenger: go to prefs and then to webcam!

Works nicely (yahoo to yahoo) for me! Picture quality is no way near what iChat gives you.

There is no interoperability between different chat clients except the newest AIM will work with the iChat AV Beta.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    I don't think there is really any configuring to do

It would be nice if it worked with MSN though... \
  • Reply 3 of 10
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    it doesnt work on msn messenger?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Not until v4 is released.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    thanks for the advice...but so far no go for yahoo. going into preferences does nothing to recongnize isight. nice looking device but , man the limitations...sorry just frustrated
  • Reply 6 of 10
    I've had absolutely no trouble using iSight with Yahoo. You do have the latest version, right? In preferences:webcam:video I have default source set to IIDCFireWire video. All I have to do is click the webcam button above my buddy list, and voila.

What seems to be your trouble, specifically?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by WorldIRC

Not until v4 is released.

The latest I've seen is that MSN Mesenger still wont support webcams At least according to www.mess.be who have screenshots of 4.

I SO wish iChat was open enough to allow third party plugins. 95% of all my contacts are on MSN Messenger.

It seems to be much more used than anything else here in Europe.

version 4 barely has anything new. At least nothing really that should qualify it from being called 4.0

loosers...
  • Reply 8 of 10
    neurokidneurokid Posts: 108member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SledgeHammer

I've had absolutely no trouble using iSight with Yahoo. You do have the latest version, right? In preferences:webcam:video I have default source set to IIDCFireWire video. All I have to do is click the webcam button above my buddy list, and voila.

I can also get iSight to work with Yahoo messenger, but only at extremely slow frame rates (less than 1 frame/sec). It doesn't seem to want to work with the faster FR option, which makes it kinda useless at the moment. I'm connected via an Aiport basestation, if that makes a difference. Does anybody else have this problem?
  • Reply 9 of 10
    I've tried and tried...latest Ichat software etc...but Yahoo just won't recognize the cam. but if everyone is having a low 1 frame rate what's the point....Again nice apple product, but sure wish they would make it for the MSN and Yahoo world interface.. Thanks again everyone for your imput.....just one of those things
  • Reply 10 of 10
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    ZO- im in the same situation, ide love to be able to use iChat with msn. every single person i know uses it and most of them are on pc. i had a friend who wanted to send me shots over the webcam, thats how i found out that didnt work. but, someone on here did tell me about aMsn messenger which gives u the ability to use animated emoticons and show a pic. thats the best for now.