Further reduced PB refurbs point to new models soon?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Just noticed the 15" PB's on Apple's refurbished section have been further reduced another $100.

The 1.25 Ghz model is now $1999 down from $2099 with the 1.0 Ghz down to $1599 from $1699.

Is the big push on to clear inventory?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    The 15-inch iMacs have dropped another $100 as well - they were $1,099 yesterday, now $999. Both the 15 and 17-inch refurbs dropped $100 a couple of weeks ago (the 17 is still $1,499).

$999 is a tempting price for that iMac. My mom could stand an upgrade from her 700MHz model. Hmmm...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    It may point to the fact that the market is slow right now. Everybody seems to be waiting for the next revision of <you-name-it>.

Probably every productline except the iPods sees people holding back because they think we either see revs or at least price benefits.

Whether we'll see news models soon may depend on Apple's strategy. Would you buy a G5 now? Would you buy a G5 2.5GHz ... or wait for the promised 3GHz model?

Same for PowerBooks: I think the new Moto G4 chip could be a wise chice between raw speed and longer battery life. A Rev B 15" PowerBook with a moderate speed bump but way better battery life would make sense ... but would you buy one ... or wait for a PBG5?

Same for iMacs ... moderately bumped G4 ... or G5 ... and iBooks. I'd buy a G4 iBook any time ... if just the 12" would run a 1GHz!

And all those with new PowerBooks and PowerMacs are off the market anyway. The rest seems to way for "something significant", not like the 20th anniversary day!