Bush debates Bush??

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Pretty funny.

http://www.comedycentral.com/mp/play.../jon_7131.html for video.

WATCH THE VIDEO TO UNDERSTAND WHATS BELOW.

http://flipfloppingbush.com

"Bush opposed the McCain-Feingold bill in the 2000 GOP primary, tried to kill it in Congress, and then signed it when it passed.

http://www.nationalreview.com/lowry/lowry022102.shtml

Bush is against a Homeland Security Department; then he's for it.

Bush is against a 9/11 commission; then he's for it.

Bush is against an Iraq WMD investigation; then he's for it.

Bush is against nation building; then he's for it.

Bush is against deficits; then he's for them.

Bush is for free trade; then he's for tariffs on steel; then he's against them again.

Bush is against the U.S. taking a role in the Israeli Palestinian conflict; then he pushes for a "road map" and a Palestinian State.

Bush is for states right to decide on gay marriage, then he is for changing the constitution.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...bush.marriage/

Bush first says he'll provide money for first responders (fire, police, emergency), then he doesn't.

http://www.hillnews.com/news/032603/funds.aspx

Bush first says that 'help is on the way' to the military ... then he cuts benefits.}

http://www.democrats.org/specialrepo...ns/health.html

Bush-"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. Bush-"I don't know where he is. I have no idea and I really don't care.

Bush claims to be in favor of the environment and then secretly starts drilling on Padre Island.

Bush talks about helping education and increases mandates while cutting funding.

Bush claims to be for women's rights and then nominates judges who have tried to overturn Roe v. Wade.

http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20000703&s=corn

Bush first says the U.S. won't negotiate with North Korea. Now he will.

Bush goes to Bob Jones University. Then say's he shouldn't have.

Bush said he would demand a U.N. Security Council vote on whether to sanction military action against Iraq. Later Bush announced he would not call for a vote

Bush said the "mission accomplished" banner was put up by the sailors. Bush later admits it was his advance team.

Bush was for fingerprinting and photographing Mexicans who enter the US. Bush after meeting with Pres. Fox, he's against it.

Bush says he's in favor of adding carbon dioxide as a regulated greenhouse gas. Then Bush said it would not be included.

Bush was against Nation Building. ooops Iraq.

Bush-"I'm a uniter, not a divider." Then divides.

Bush was against amnesty for illegal aliens. Now he's for it.

Bush was against Presidents doing an end run around Congress to pack the courts. Then he did it.

Bush said the war would cost $3 billion. Then he asked for 87 billion.

Bush We need to go to war with Iraq because their WMDs pose a direct threat to the

United States. Bush- We needed to go to war with Iraq to free the Iraqi people.

Bush implemented No Child Left Behind, then underfunded it by $9 Billion"?

As governor of Texas, Bush opposed a strong patients' bill of rights that nevertheless passed over his veto. On the 2000 campaign trail, he tried to take credit for the law and implied he would support comparable legislation on the national level.

Bush proposed a temporary tax cut conditioned on the idea that the government could afford it without spending the Social Security surplus; then, when the surplus vanished, he supported a further tax cut. Now he wants his first cut made permanent."

Are you a Source Whore? Well, here you go http://www.democraticunderground.com/top10/index.html and check out #5 and #6.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Oh, but didn't you get the memo? Everyone is supposed to ignore Bush's whole presidency and instead look for any small thing Kerry has ever done that could be spun as a flip-flop.
  • Reply 2 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Oh, but didn't you get the memo? Everyone is supposed to ignore Bush's whole presidency and instead look for any small thing Kerry has ever done that could be spun as a flip-flop.

LOL!

STUPID LIBERAL MEDIA!

Seriously though guys, read "Blinded by the Right : The Conscience of an Ex-Conservative" It's about an ex conservative news reporter who talks about how he gained fame and money easily among conservatives through deceiving the public.
  • Reply 3 of 25
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    Half of those aren't even direct flip flops on issues... saying the war costs X then costs X is a flip flop on an issue? LOL

Its funny when the liberals get scared. It's not "Kerry isn't a flip flopper", instead it's "Look Bush flip flops too!". Typical pointing of fingers drill. Good job!

So my question... did Kerry tell anyone he was Irish yesterday? Probably depends on who asked. :P
  • Reply 4 of 25
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Man, I hope that Kerry has the balls to read that list out loud during one of his debates with Bush. I would love for Bush to try and paint Kerry a flip flopper and have pull out those 3x5's and start reading this list out loud.

It would be the most entertaining moment in a presidential debate since the "you're no Jack Kennedy" line.
  • Reply 5 of 25
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dviant

Half of those aren't even direct flip flops on issues... saying the war costs X then costs X is a flip flop on an issue? LOL

Its funny when the liberals get scared. It's not "Kerry isn't a flip flopper", instead it's "Look Bush flip flops too!". Typical pointing of fingers with no solutions. Good job!

So my question... did Kerry tell anyone he was Irish yesterday? Probably depends on who asked. :P

I don't know.

84 billion is a lot of dead presidents.

The sad part is 87 and counting......
  • Reply 6 of 25
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Its funny when the liberals get scared. It's not "Kerry isn't a flip flopper", instead it's "Look Bush flip flops too!". Typical pointing of fingers with no solutions. Good job!

So you managed to "rebutt" a whopping 1 out of 30 or so Is that the best you can do? Wow, you really showed him.
  • Reply 7 of 25
    I would love to see him pull some of that out too. Maybe he could get some more egg on his face like he did with the "Salmon-Gate" thing.
  • Reply 8 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

So you managed to "rebutt" a whopping 1 out of 30 or so Is that the best you can do? Wow, you really showed him.

LOL so I'm supposed to rebutt every single thing otherwise they are true? Please. How about you PROVE them true and provide reference before anyone takes them seriously besides liberal lapdogs.

Here's how you validate a flip-flop.
  • Reply 9 of 25
    Quote:

LOL so I'm supposed to rebutt every single thing otherwise they are true? Please. How about you PROVE them true and provide reference before anyone takes them seriously besides liberal lapdogs.

What a weak argument. Nah, you're just supposed to make sense and not sound like a rabid Bush fanatic.

That's all. Some of them are well known facts. Some came with links from the original poster. Again, pretty weak.
  • Reply 10 of 25
    My god, I just went to the shower and came back. So many posts.
  • Reply 11 of 25
    LOOK AT THE VIDEO! That's the best part.

You know what's interesting? I have relatives in other countries that know more about Bush scandals than 90% of Americans themself.

Example: BBC investigated how Bush was able to steal the election (yes, he did). I'm not going to go into the specifics. If you want me to, I'll open up another thread and go into the specifics.
  • Reply 12 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

What a weak argument. Nah, you're just supposed to make sense and not sound like a rabid Bush fanatic.

That's all. Some of them are well known facts. Some came with links from the original poster. Again, pretty weak.

Not accepting accusations and opinion with nothing substantial to back them up is weak? So how many of them had links to back them up? 5 out 30? Mmmkay. To me thats weak.

Reminds me of that dumb "Bush resume" thing that was floating around awhile back. It was riddled with opinions and assumptions with zero to back it up. I did a quick search and found one on Dean from Wesley Clarks site that was done much better, citied references etc.

But hey if you wanna rub each others backs over it, feel free.
  • Reply 13 of 25
    Quote:

Not accepting accusations and opinion with nothing substantial to back them up is weak? So how many of them had links to back them up? 5 out 30? Mmmkay. To me thats weak.

Reminds me of that dumb "Bush resume" thing that was floating around awhile back. It was riddled with opinions and assumptions with zero to back it up. I did a quick search and found one on Dean from Wesley Clarks site that was done much better, citied references etc.

I will admit dviant, the guy who wrote those out should have posted more sources. But if sources are what you want, then check out this link: http://www.democraticunderground.com/top10/index.html and go down to #5 and #6.

You should also check out books by Al Franken and Michael Moore that have sources in the footnotes.
  • Reply 14 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by SwitchingSoon

LOOK AT THE VIDEO! That's the best part.

The video is funny and all, but it's based on out of context material that may or may not actually prove the "question" its supposed to be answering. If that swayed you in any way, then you probably also like that farce of a documentary by Michael Moore called Bowling for Columbine.

Quote:

Example: BBC investigated how Bush was able to steal the election (yes, he did). I'm not going to go into the specifics. If you want me to, I'll open up another thread and go into the specifics.

LOL Steal the election! I can't believe people still go on about this. Got a link I'd like to see it? Here's an article that rebutts the notion of florida being "stolen"...

EDIT: Nevermind I see you ARE a Michael Moore fan hahaha... I'm sorry but that guy is such a joke....
  • Reply 15 of 25
    Didn't steal the election??? The supreme court voted for him!

http://www.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/...lpress.column/

I have links too.

Of course I like Michael Moore. He uses SOURCES.

Have you heard of Ann Coulter? Or better yet, Fox News?? These guys have opinionated mouths without the evidence.
  • Reply 16 of 25
    Out of context? Yes, the last few questions are out of context. I will agree.

But the way Governor Bush says statesments like "I don't think our troops should be used for nation building" and "One way to be viewed as an ugly american is to go around and say,'This is what we gotta do.'"

There's not a way to take that out of context. If he says he's against the use of force for nation building, then either way you spin it, he's against the use of force for nation building.

Now, Jon had asked, "Are you against nation building?" and Bush said, "Yes," then that would be taken out of context. BUT THAT'S WASN'T THE CASE!
  • Reply 17 of 25
    Quote:

He provided some...others are well known. Five is weak? you provided zero and commented on one. Great job, masterful!!

Quote:

Is that what fanatical Reps do? Hmmm, think I'll pass.
  • Reply 18 of 25
    Quote:

There's not a way to take that out of context. If he says he's against the use of force for nation building, then either way you spin it, he's against the use of force for nation building.

So you got one flip flop out of the whole video you feel is valid? Impressive.

Here's a nice list of the popular Kerry flip flops with references. Granted a lot of these could also be construed as being out of context, but its a damn site better than the poor excuse for a list above. At least with these you have something to base an opinion on, not just simply have an opinion imposed on you as fact.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by dviant

Quote:

So you got one flip flop out of the whole video you feel is valid? Impressive.

Here's a nice list of the popular Kerry flip flops with references. Granted a lot of these could also be construed as being out of context, but its a damn site better than the poor excuse for a list above. At with these you have something to base an opinion on, not just simple have an opinion imposed on you as fact.

You're taking what I said out of context. I was obviously using that as an example. Get your facts straight.

EDIT: BTW, I'm eating lunch. I'll BRB.
  • Reply 20 of 25
    Quote:

but its a damn site better than the poor excuse for a list above. At with these you have something to base an opinion on, not just simple have an opinion imposed on you as fact.

Getting nervous there D? You're stuttering and not making much sense.