Good deal on a GL1?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I know I have been asking a lot of purchasing advice lately, so I am sorry if this is getting old. I just got an iBook G4/800 and am loving it. Consequently, I am ready to sell my G4 Cube with the following specs:

450 mhz G4

768 megs of ram

20 gig hd

16 meg Rage video card

Anyways, I am looking heavily into buying a 3 CCD camcorder, and have stumbled across what I think may be a good deal.... I would trade this plus 5-600 dollars cash for a Canon GL1 with 2 extra 3 hour batteries, camera bag, ac and car charger, remote, manual, and the video cables. Does this seem like a good deal? (That is, of course, assuming I find him to be a reputable seller, which at this point it sure seems that is the case). What is a GL1 worth these days, and should I consider trying to spring for a GL2? I am going to be majoring in digital media with a focus on cinema and video production next year, so I think this would be a good investment. Thanks for the help!

-Jeremiah

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    My only answer is to check eBay.

But. . . I used an XL1 Plus last summer, and it wasn't really that stupendous. Some of the new cameras are cheaper and better. Granted, I don't really do any video, but I can tell good picture quality from better picture quality.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    That may be a good trade for a GL2, but a GL1 is 4+ years old. I bought mine for $1,100 in December of 1999.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    the gl-3 MAY be coming out soon, so save your money for a few weeks and see what comes out.