Simple Mac Joystick

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Can anyone recommend a very basic OS X compatible USB joystick. I need no special features, only to be able to disable it from controlling the cursor. I am looking to use one or two of these as MIDI controllers with Steim's Junxion.

Andrew

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    Saitek have a simple joystick for $20.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Thank you, I had not yet seen the most basic models of these joysticks, provided they are fully OS X compatible one of the two lowest models would be ideal.

Andrew
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    Ive never _actually_ used one in OS X, but USB joysticks should be HID devices, which are well supported now in OS X. That is, I cant speak for the http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/st90.htm being HID, but most manufacturers understand the many benefits of conforming to the standard.

Pick one up from a shop where you can return it. If it doesnt work that is good enough reason ( Ive returned things that dont work in OS X, but I never say that Im using a Mac, they get enough returns for PC's that they wont question you about it ).
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks for the advice. I've bought a Saitek ST50 for £9.95. It's about the most basic joystick I've ever seen but it works perfectly as a budget MIDI controller.

Andrew