newbie : safari and mail won't launch

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Brand new Dual G5, Safari and mail both worked had all email accounts setup fine. I installed Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc and now neither will start. I am using Firefox just fine, and iChat works fine. I could really care less about Safari but I did want to use Mail again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keegan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Try some of the stuff in the Genius Bar FAQ. Try repairing permissions, deleting your caches, and if all else fails, a file system check (FSCK). The how tos for all those can be found in the above link. Good luck.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    trampttrampt Posts: 23member
    Thanks but I already read through that and tried everything. Nothing really worked. At this point I don't care. I am happy using Firefox and Entourage. I would like to figure out how to setup Firefox as the default browser when clicking links in Entourage.

I guess I will just play around.

Thanks,

Keegan
  • Reply 3 of 7
    There should be a preference in firefox to set it as the default browser. If not its in safari

There used to be an internet preference that had it, Now its part of the browser preferences I guess. \
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by SilentEchoes

[B]There should be a preference in firefox to set it as the default browser. If not its in safari

I was told by another friend who has a MAC that its under Safari. Little help that does me. I usually post on several forums so I can't just click on the links in the emails anymore. I have to go to each forum and find the thread someone just responded to. A rather big pain.

Thanks anyway.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trampt

I was told by another friend who has a MAC that its under Safari. Little help that does me. I usually post on several forums so I can't just click on the links in the emails anymore. I have to go to each forum and find the thread someone just responded to. A rather big pain.

Thanks anyway.

Go into your preference pane in firefox, there should be an option to set firefox as your default browser. Either that or it may be in your e mail program.

And just for the record (I know you didn't mean anything by it) but there are a lot of people here who will get rather angry with you if you capitalize Mac. MAC means Media Access Control. Mac is an abbreviation for Macintosh. Just thought I would let you know for future reference. Welcome to AI.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Noting in FireFox I checked.

Sorry about offending anyone. I love my new Mac.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Well you could download omniweb. I know its in there. Or try checking IE, It might be in there.