Comedy Central Redneck Weekend promos...iPod spoof

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Was flipping around the channels last night, watching MadTV and some other things on Comedy Central (hoping for a Stuart sketch) and it looks like they're having a Redneck Weekend (movies and sketches with a white trash bent to them?).

Anyway, when going to commercials from a particular show, they show this 15-second clip and it's a total goof on the iPod commercials: there's banjo music playing and the silhouette of a guy dancing in that shitkicker/buck-dance style (he's got on a hat and you can tell by the silhouette that his sleeves are cut out of his shirt). Anyway, there are changing, multi-colored backgrounds (green, purple, gold, etc.) and instead of a white iPod showing up against the otherwise black silhouette, it's either a cigarette (maybe a joint?) or a bottle of beer showing up as a white shape in his hand.

Kinda clever and somewhat appealing to anyone aware of the whole iPod campaign. I chuckled anyway.

Just passing along...I guess it's still going on today, so you can flip over to it and wait for a commercial to come on.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    thanks for the knowledge
  • Reply 2 of 6
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I do what I can. \
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    any chance you tivo-ed it?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    No. It's not really something I'd "Tivo" (don't even have Tivo). It was just a quick 15-second "outro" thing they'd play when going to commercials.

It was on all weekend...if you missed it, sorry.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i caught it. thought it was pretty funny. not the comcen so much as that commercials (what the hell were the producers thinking when they funded joe dirt? and what were the fatheads in comcen thinking when they decided to play it fifty times? jesus christ...)
  • Reply 6 of 6
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Exactly.

Joe Dirt is no Run Ronnie Run.