alive and dead pixels

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just got my powerbook G4 12 inch. And around the safari and ichat icons there are alive and dead pixels. They go on and off. One moment there are no black spots on screen and another moment there is a black spot on the screen. should I send it to apple. Or should my local apple store can fix it. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    First, you should try and fix it. Take a soft cotton cloth (like a t shirt) and use that to massage the pixels. Don't press too hard, only about the same pressure you would want applied to your eyeball (if your eye was closed). Rub the area of the screen with the stuck pixels in a circular motion for a few minutes and see if those pixels don't come back on. If they don't, I hope you got AppleCare. Take it into your Apple store and appeal your case to them. I believe that Apple's current policy dictates that you must have 6 or more dead/stuck pixels in order to get a full replacement, however, sometimes you can convince them to take it back anyway. Good luck.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Also I forgot to mention is when you change the dock size those pixels come alive again. Its just a little weird. Its not a refurb. At least this a minor problem.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    If they flash on and off they are not "dead" pixels, they are stuck. You have stuck pixels, and stuck ones can be fixed. Try my fix, I've gotten it to work more than once.