Does the SCO actually have a case?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I keep hearing about lawsuits and counter lawsuits - but has the SCO actually PRODUCED any evidence of the offending code which is in Linux?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

I keep hearing about lawsuits and counter lawsuits - but has the SCO actually PRODUCED any evidence of the offending code which is in Linux?

Go to www.groklaw.net lots of good information there.

Also, read the Eric Redmond Halloween papers. The latest one is very enlightening (google this to find it).

My opinion--No.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Off to General Discussion!

As I recall, SCO doesn't really have much of a case. ArsTechnica has been regularly posting notes each time something comes out about SCO. You might find some good info by searching through their news and forums.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    The only thing that SCO can do right now is to make bunch of stupid lawsuits to their partners, customers, competitions, and even the government in order to get people's attention and jack up the stock price.

Wall street and others are now getting really bored on their actions.

I can't wait to see D.McBride and Co. die in a tragic death
  • Reply 4 of 4
    SCO has turned into a walking joke because of these clames/lawsuits... just read any linux related thread on /. and you will see what I mean.

I for one am not scared about this at all... I will still use my Linux box without a care in the world.

As far as I care... they are just digging for gold because their Unix is not what it once was... and is failing to make them any profit these days.