WHITE teeth

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It's all the rage....[Edited by Fellowship] Anyway, who's whitening and what are you using to do it? The stuff the Dentist gave you or over-the-counter commercial products?

Are you happy with your results? Worried about the long-term effects?

*(did I cross the PC line with this comment?)
kayliecris

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I have a root canal in one bottom tooth in the front. It's a little yellow and I always think about whitening it.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

You know we have some members in the dog house for statements not so different than the one you have in your opening post. Would you do me a favor and edit it? To keep AO a level playing field?

Fellows
  • Reply 3 of 14
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I'm still relatively young, but feel I should whiten my teeth, and I think I'm going to once I get my tax return back. I guess I didn't take care of my teeth while I was a kid, and so now I have to pay for it, but braces straigthened up my teeth, and now if they were just whiter I'd be set. I have white spots on two of my front teeth that are sometimes really noticable that I'm self concious about. And they said whitening will help conceal those, and if I'm not happy I can still have them removed.

When you get them whitened, is that just dying them white or are they really cleaned so that if you take care of them like you were supposed to that they will stay white?

It's pretty cheap too, the dentist said only $150 or so...not I just have to decide if I want upper and bottom teach or just top. I mean you never really see your bottom teeth unless your making weird faces, but when you do, the different would be really bad and it would look like your bottom teeth are REAL sick then.

I think a good smile says a lot, and it's important to be able to give somone a beautiful smile. I know it sounds gay, but a good smile is relaxing to some, and persuasive to others.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i hvan'et given any strong consideration to whitening. in general, i'm quite content with my physical appearance. and, despite a pretty bad cigarette habit, my teeth are pretty white. in a few more years (months? days? hours?), it might be necessary, but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it.

Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

anti-dentite?
  • Reply 5 of 14
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    I doubt protein will do it but I am using Cybersonic's whitening system that came with my toothbrush. I'm 3 days into the 6 day treatment and it's a bit whiter. I'll let you know how it goes. It says for stubborn stains to go 6 days on and 6 days off. The toothbrush came with 4 sets of 6 day treatments.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

I doubt protein will do it but I am using Cybersonic's whitening system that came with my toothbrush. I'm 3 days into the 6 day treatment and it's a bit whiter. I'll let you know how it goes. It says for stubborn stains to go 6 days on and 6 days off. The toothbrush came with 4 sets of 6 day treatments.

Great brush BR, Whatever you do, do not leave the base plugged in without the brush for several days. The base will deform and no longer hold the brush. I took my brush with me on travel without the base just assuming it would hold enough charge for my needs while gone. When I got home I was lucky the house had not burned down from the base which had deformed from intense heat from the brush not being in it.

Fellows
  • Reply 7 of 14
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I just wandered back over to the forums and WOW!!!!

You guys really are serious!! I was just using one of the jokes that were so amazingly funny in the Austin Powers movies. This is a brand new AO!

I had my dentist build trays for both top & bottom and I occasionally remember to use the treatment (hydrogen peroxide in a gel form). Interestingly, within eight months of me getting the trays, the big boys like Crest and Colgate came out with their own systems. Now there are tons of cleaners you can buy over the counter.

I've used a Braun electric toothbrush for several years. The base charges the brush via induction...if you don't keep the brush on the charger the internal battery seems to lose its ability to charge. My first one didn't last long, the replacement is going and going and going.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    My teeth are pretty white, I'm 18 years old and I never had a cavity. I take really good care of my teeth.

I hope I never have to whiten them or anything like that, that's why I'll continue to take really good care of them.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    ganondorfganondorf Posts: 573member
    Whitening my teeth does not concern me, although it is hard to avoid toothpastes these days without some sort of whitening label on the packaging.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    I know this sounds nuts. The western obssession with unnaturally white teeth is further proof of society's ever increasing "sheep" factor.

Along with the horror of having any kind of persperation on you during non "official athletic" activities.

• Reply 11 of 14
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Really not concerned about the whiteness of my teeth here. I'm still young, of course, but I don't understand this recent obsession with Whiteness Extreme?. You'd think the rest of North America had been soaking its teeth in wood stain every night.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardhead

I know this sounds nuts. The western obssession with unnaturally white teeth is further proof of society's ever increasing "sheep" factor.

Along with the horror of having any kind of persperation on you during non "official athletic" activities.

Yeah! Let's be proud of our multicultural smiles.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    As long as my teeth are healthy I'm not too bothered. Probably because you can't see much of them, even if I grin like a maniac
  • Reply 14 of 14
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Like I said, it's more a problem for the whiter spots on my teeth that bothers me, but if I can get whiter teeth and reduce those spots, why not? I'm not going for like unnatural white, but a nice clean smile is good.

Also I'd support sonicare, their tooth brush really gives you a clean feeling.