.mac e-mail connection/password issues using Mail.app

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I recently switched from Eudora to mail.app

I let mail configure itself using my .mac account. Recently i've been getting messages telling me to re-enter my password, and it will not accept my password when i re-enter it. These messages have been poping up almost every day for the past few days. Have .mac's mail servers been going down a lot lately? Or is there something that i am doing wrong with mail?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    This happens when your mail server is having trouble. It's not a mail.app issue. I haven't had it happen to me recently but for a while it was a pretty consistent problem with my .mac account.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    This problem comes and goes for me as well. Usually if I just check again a few minutes later everything is fine. It`s definitely something on the .mac side, rather than the Mail side.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Check the .Mac pages for scheduled maintenence. One of my .Mac addresses was down due to maintenence earlier today, and the other was down a few days (or maybe weeks) ago for the same reason. I don't think Mail is avvy enough to report this back from the mothership unfortunately.