Insert equation in Word - quick, help please!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I need to put equations in a Word doc for a physics lab and Word X isn't even as friendly as Word 5 with as I recall it "Equation editor" in Tools. Umm I went to Help and it said in Insert menu select Object...Then Microsoft Equation 3.0. but that isn't an option in that window!! What's going on! There isn't even the little application "Equation Editor" in the Office folder!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    skipjackskipjack Posts: 263member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

I need to put equations in a Word doc for a physics lab and Word X isn't even as friendly as Word 5 with as I recall it "Equation editor" in Tools. Umm I went to Help and it said in Insert menu select Object...Then Microsoft Equation 3.0. but that isn't an option in that window!! What's going on! There isn't even the little application "Equation Editor" in the Office folder!

On my copy, it is the first item on the list, "Microsoft Equation"

I don't remember if this is an optional install or not.

If that doesn't work and you need something in a hurry, I can think of two options:

1) Appleworks uses the same equation editor. You can copy and paste.

2) Download a trial copy of MathMagic (http://www.mathmagic.com). I find it easier to use that Equation Editor.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Thanks skipjack!!! That sure was fast, good ol' AI!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    skipjackskipjack Posts: 263member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Thanks skipjack!!! That sure was fast, good ol' AI!

For future reference, I looked at my Microsoft Office CD.

It looks like in order to get Equation Editor, you have to use another installer for the "Value Pack" in which the Equation Editor is one of the default selected additions.