Not enough access privleges error in iTunes?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have several MP3 songs on my HD that when I double click them iTunes loads and then I get the error: "Attempting to copy to the disk 'Macintosh HD' failed. You do not have enough access privleges for this operation."

Some files load into iTunes fine... what's the deal with this error?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gh0ztt

I have several MP3 songs on my HD that when I double click them iTunes loads and then I get the error: "Attempting to copy to the disk 'Macintosh HD' failed. You do not have enough access privleges for this operation."

Some files load into iTunes fine... what's the deal with this error?

possibilities:

1. corrupt mp3s

2. bad permitions

3. botched copy protection in ITUNES

if the files are good then try to repair permitions, if that fails delete itunes and reinstall.

thats alll i have:

note to admin: should this be moved to Genius Bar?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    gh0zttgh0ztt Posts: 42member
    I think I figured out what is causing this. It seems that when I try to import a song by any artist that I already have songs from the error occurs. I checked and most of the artist folders under iTunes are set to Read Only for the owner (me). I imported these from a backup DVD but I thought that iTunes would reset the permissions during import. I guess it just maintains the "read only" flag since the original file was on a DVD. Is that normal behavior?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gh0ztt

I think I figured out what is causing this. It seems that when I try to import a song by any artist that I already have songs from the error occurs. I checked and most of the artist folders under iTunes are set to Read Only for the owner (me). I imported these from a backup DVD but I thought that iTunes would reset the permissions during import. I guess it just maintains the "read only" flag since the original file was on a DVD. Is that normal behavior?

might be but i doubt iti have donre the same thing with no problem on xp and have seen it done on osx