Just made the switch!!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Placed my order late last night for 15", 1.25GHz Powerbook with 80GB 5400RPM drive and 1x512MB RAM, which I will supplement with another 512MB RAM when it arrives.

Have had a PC laptop for 4 years or so and am SOOO looking forward to going back to mac.

My only reservations were about compatibility on large windows networks running exchange server but I think that it's workable.

Thanks to all for comments to my earlier post about making the switch.

It's good to be back.

Regards,

Jason

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    That's great news! Congratulations on your amazing new computer!

Can I borrow it for a while?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Good deal! I just got an iBook 800 and plan to move to a system of similar configuration as soon as they are updated. I moved back to pc for about 3 months about a year ago, and quickly went back to my (at the time) Beige G3/333 as my primary machine. Hope you enjoy it!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    You'll LOVE it. After endless back-and-forth over which PowerBook I should get, I FINALLY settled on the 15" SuperDrive model myself, and couldn't be happier.

I think it's truly the ideal, "best of both worlds" PowerBook: not too small, not too big. You get all the features of the 17" (lighted keyboard, FireWire 800, pre-installed AirPort card, PC slot, ATi 64MB graphics, etc.) but none of the limitations of the 12" (not that the 12" isn't righteous!).

I think it's the perfect PowerBook. Just an improved, sleeker and more contemporary take on the Titanium, with all the latest goodies and I/O.

Upcoming PowerBook G5 aside, I feel pretty damn future-proof! AirPort Extreme, Bluetooth, FireWire 800, USB 2.0, etc. Plus, there isn't a display or projector I can't connect to OR a disk that I can't view or burn. Having all that under your arm, ready to go anywhere at a moment's notice, is almost intoxicating.

Enjoy.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    Lookup the MS Entourage forums. They are a big help for Outlook users on mac.

I still am forced to run Outlook 2001 in classic as our exchange server is still at 5.5!

Dobby.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    nice man, that rox, congratulations!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Welcome back to the fold!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    I have the same machine...with the HD too. It's awesome.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Powerbook shipped from Shanghai today, three days ahead of the estimated ship date. That means everything I ordered is in transit. Office:Mac already arrived. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!