Can iTunes do this?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
my 'purchased' music playlist got unorganized somehow, It used to be organized by date added, but it kept albums together track-number wise.

I want to get it back to this set up, but I don't know how.

additionally there are many playlists I want to reorganize to different settings, but I don't know how ...

can you make it organize by multiple modifiers like 'Date modified' THEN 'track' THEN 'size' THEN 'album'

ya know?

logically, this would be done simply by the order that you have the categories appear, with track name(or whatever you'd like) as the exception. But this doesn't seem to be the case \

I think, that if iTunes can't already do this(I'm just missing it somewhere) then this would be a great feature.

so what's the word?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    why dont u just use smartplaylist? u can make additional criteria if you want in that.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

why dont u just use smartplaylist? u can make additional criteria if you want in that.

Er, he wants the albums he bought to be in chronological order. But, if you arrange it by date added and have a broadband connection, they are all the same and it ends up sorting by song name.

And, no, I don't think it's possible.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

Yeah, I do use many smartlists, but you still can't organize it to do item A THEN item B THEN item C

ya know?

you can only do "any" or "all" not sequential.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    mac writemac write Posts: 289member
    Tried clicking the very far left column? The column where track # is normally? See if that works.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    If you set the Purchased Music playlist to be sorted by date added, it should also be sorted by album in the correct order. When you download an album from iTMS it will grab the song files in order.

I too have wanted the ability to order songs by multiple criteria.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

If you set the Purchased Music playlist to be sorted by date added, it should also be sorted by album in the correct order. When you download an album from iTMS it will grab the song files in order.

of course it doesn't do that, that would make sense!

it does it alphabetically after date added, for some reason which is just dumb.

edit: the # box worked, but still, I wish that you could do multiple organization parameters
  • Reply 7 of 7
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

my 'purchased' music playlist got unorganized somehow, It used to be organized by date added, but it kept albums together track-number wise.

I want to get it back to this set up, but I don't know how.

additionally there are many playlists I want to reorganize to different settings, but I don't know how ...

can you make it organize by multiple modifiers like 'Date modified' THEN 'track' THEN 'size' THEN 'album'

ya know?

logically, this would be done simply by the order that you have the categories appear, with track name(or whatever you'd like) as the exception. But this doesn't seem to be the case \

I think, that if iTunes can't already do this(I'm just missing it somewhere) then this would be a great feature.

so what's the word?

uhhh yah i think you can but i would PM brad or some other admin to get help as to how