Republicans Attack Online Contributors

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It was a only matter of time, and all I have to say is: "What took them so long?"

Quote:

Republicans have accused Democratic U.S. House candidate Stephanie Herseth of maintaining a secret Web page to receive campaign donations raised from ads on liberal groups' Internet sites.

But a Herseth campaign official scoffed at the charge, saying the Web page is not secret and can be found easily with a standard search of the Internet [...]

The Herseth Web page takes campaign donations from people directed there from Internet sites called "blogs," which are online bulletin boards that feature journals, opinionated articles and messages.

"There's a reason she's got that secret site. She doesn't want to advertise the fact she's doing this," Glodt said Thursday.

So... when you clicked on Herseth's public ad, on the public Daily Kos, on the public Internet, taking you to a public website, that can be accessed by the public -- you were actually visiting a secret web site.

Got that? Idiotic Republican logic at its best.

UPDATE: Thanks to the secret technology called Google, I was able to find the secret page. Check out the secret message clearly inconsistent with South Dakota values:

Quote:

Thank you for visiting my website! Please take a moment and explore the links to the left and read up on my background, the campaign, and South Dakota. And don?t hesitate to contact our campaign with any questions or concerns. We have an exciting chance to make history in South Dakota on June 1st ? and I?m glad you want to be a part from the start.

Thanks for stopping by!

Saying 'thank you'? Exploring links? Reading up on South Dakota? Just wait 'till South Dakotans learn about such depravity!

And while visiting that secret page, don't slip up on that secret "Contribute Online" link. We don't want anyone hurting themselves.

From TheDailyKOS

If you read the article the Republicans are trying to paint campaign money raised from Online contributors as tainted because it comes from the loopy left. They see the Democrats use of blogs as a tool to raise money from ordinary everyday people as a threat. The problem is, what happens when they want in on the action. Will that make them hypocrits?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Yes, folks but remember. If you open public files on a public shared server that have permissions set so every can publically see them, well that is a criminal offense that needs an investigation.

Should we even get into the 529's that are using soft money for attack ads in direct opposition to the law? Of course they aren't "coordinating" in any way with the Democratic party.

The MOCK OUTRAGE is astounding!

Nick
  • Reply 2 of 7
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Well that was a particularly vile response...

• Reply 3 of 7
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Yes, folks but remember. If you open public files on a public shared server that have permissions set so every can publically see them, well that is a criminal offense that needs an investigation.

Should we even get into the 529's that are using soft money for attack ads in direct opposition to the law? Of course they aren't "coordinating" in any way with the Democratic party.

The MOCK OUTRAGE is astounding!

Nick

You're talking about mock-Republican-outrage right? If so, then yes, the MOCK OUTRAGE is astounding, isn't it? Of course I didn't bring up the subject of Filegate or 529's. I brought up the issue of Republicans using very slick arguments to paint money raised on the Internet as a perversion of compaign finance simply because the money comes from liberals. You, of course, refuse to address the actual issue.

Kinda like the "joke" thread. Let's not talk about the President's lack of tact, let's talk about Pakistan instead. Very slick. At least you're a good little partisan, making sure you obsfucate the issue proposed with a bunch of crap so that the discussion is derailed rather than address the issue raised above. You've been trained well, I will admit that.

Why do Republican's hate due process?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

Every Republican hates due process? Odd...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

You're talking about mock-Republican-outrage right? If so, then yes, the MOCK OUTRAGE is astounding, isn't it? Of course I didn't bring up the subject of Filegate or 529's. I brought up the issue of Republicans using very slick arguments to paint money raised on the Internet as a perversion of compaign finance simply because the money comes from liberals. You, of course, refuse to address the actual issue.

Kinda like the "joke" thread. Let's not talk about the President's lack of tact, let's talk about Pakistan instead. Very slick. At least you're a good little partisan, making sure you obsfucate the issue proposed with a bunch of crap so that the discussion is derailed rather than address the issue raised above. You've been trained well, I will admit that.

I'm talking about the mock DEMOCRATIC outrage.

Money raised from the internet is not an issue in and of itself. However coordination between 529's and political candidates/parties is very much an issue since it is aast the law to spend soft money on ads the way MoveOn and other groups have been doing.

As for the Pakistan, I'm going to just assume your ignorance since you obviously haven't read the thread.

Now go be a good partisan yourself and start your usual two the three Bush hating threads per day.

Nick
  • Reply 6 of 7
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Sorry, This thread got out of hand in no time flat.

Read the posting guidlines.

Fellowship
  • Reply 7 of 7
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    A couple of points:

Do not attack each other within threads. State your viewpoint and argue your case but do not turn a thread into: "You are this and that and you said this and that in the other thread" "Go be a good liberal"

Threads and members that go to this level will be addressed and taken care of.

Also refrain from the kind of statements such as "idiotic republican logic"

Blanket statements that do nothing more than to flame no matter party are not welcome.

This is not complicated folks.

Fellows