Disney raising prices so soon?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hmmm, kind of fishy if you ask me. Not long after Jobs tells Eisner to hit the road, Disney is looking to make that money up some how or another...



http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,115448,00.html

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 8
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,937member
    Disney should be lowering it's prices. Attendance is down. Perhaps one of the reasons is that it now costs $54 for a ticket. That's insane. I love Disney, and so does my entire family. I was there twice as a kid, then for my honeymoon in 1999, and then with my wife's family in 2001. But, with my daughter now, we're looking at like 2006 before we can go. To go for ten days in a decent hotel with airfare, you're looking at $3,500 or more. The last time we went (just my wife and I), the package was $1,800 for hotel and park passes for the ten day trip. Then we spent $1,200 on meals, souvys and other non-included items.



    It's too damn expensive for an average family to afford.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,454member
    My family and I use the annual pass. It is a much better value.



    Nick
  • Reply 3 of 8
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by trumptman

    My family and I use the annual pass. It is a much better value.



    Nick




    Only if you live in Florida, and close to the parks. Than of course it's a better value. But not for me, I'm in Chicago! Wouldn't make much sense to get an annual pass
  • Reply 4 of 8
    There are better attractions if Florida anyway.



    Universal was better than Disney and Busch Gardens kicked both their asses for rides.



    Disney has the ratio of conessions, stores and sales opprotuinities to 'A' rides way too high. I'm glad I went (Florida and Paris) but if I had to choose (beacause of price) I'd go elsewhere.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    New attractions include a Snow White musical production at Disneyland and the "Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror" ride, which opens May 5 at California Adventure.



    Wow. Guess they had to wait a few years to get the public to be comfortable with that title..."Towers of Terror" was probably dropped pretty quickly...(and how did they aquire the rights to "Twilight Zone"? Rod Serling is twirling in his grave...)



    Sorry, love old Disney classics...hate DISNEYCORP. Price hikes...just another reason. And the lack of anything new or original in the past 35 years.



  • Reply 6 of 8
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,937member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Artman @_@

    New attractions include a Snow White musical production at Disneyland and the "Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror" ride, which opens May 5 at California Adventure.



    Wow. Guess they had to wait a few years to get the public to be comfortable with that title..."Towers of Terror" was probably dropped pretty quickly...(and how did they aquire the rights to "Twilight Zone"? Rod Serling is twirling in his grave...)



    Sorry, love old Disney classics...hate DISNEYCORP. Price hikes...just another reason. And the lack of anything new or original in the past 35 years.







    This has been in DisneyWorld for 4-5 years.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

    Originally posted by His Dudeness

    Hmmm, kind of fishy if you ask me. Not long after Jobs tells Eisner to hit the road, Disney is looking to make that money up some how or another...



    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,115448,00.html




    the movie division and the park division aren't connected in a fiscal way.



    i think the reason for the increase is because attendance has creeped back up to pre-9/11 numbers and between now and then many have noted that the cleanliness of the parks has deteriorated.

    this will probably help fix that, and make the parks division a little more revenue, so eisner, who's on the verge of getting sacked, can show shareholders a little magic.
Sign In or Register to comment.