Game Over on UPN

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Has anyone seen the new series on UPN called Game over? It is a cg sitcon about a what happens to computer game characters at the end of the day... you know, they go home to their families and such...

I am down in Australia and so am unable to watch it (as no channel is yet showing it). Does anyone know where I would be able to download an episode for viewing. I only ask becaue I am a 3d animator and am wanting to know the quality of the work going on in the show.

Les.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I saw 2 episodes. It is kinda good, but I have seen better animation. I think it is supposed to have a "cheesy cartoon" look to it. I used to watch a show called "Reboot" years ago and I think the animation/story was better. If you want I could record a episode for you.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    ReBoot was produced by Mainframe in Vancouver, BC, Canada

very sharp folks... I interviewed them for an article years ago and had a tour...

model-shops with maquettes and digitizers, render rooms full of SGIs (back in 97), killer production schedule (ReBoot was cranked out in a week per 22min show at some stages),

and similar to Simpsons and Family Guy, tons of inside jokes for older audiences of computer users (not just a show for kids) who grasp the additional layers of meaning

a partial list of Mainframe's other projects is online, but Game Over doesn't seem to be in it...

and from the trailers, Game Over definitely looks like a poor imitation of ReBoot,

but I haven't seen full episodes yet, and my standards may have increased over time

YMMV